Changes to My House

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ok, so I have a lot to tell and show you.  First, some little changes to my house (I'll get to the personal stuff at the end):

A freelance writer contacted me recently for an interview and photos of my house for an article she wants to write.  Of course I jumped on it.  If it gets published, I'll be sure to let you know.   But for now, I want to show to you the photos I took for it.  Nothing like a possible publication to get me motivated to take good photos for a change.  I've never been happy with my bedroom photos, so I'm glad I got these:




And one of the kitchen cabinet I pained recently:


And one of the Living Room that's better than any I've taken so far:


 SPEAKING of the living room, I'm SO excited!!!  I ordered this new chandelier for it.  Of course I'll show you when it's here, but here it is on the manufacturer website- it is 32" wide - isn't it going to be awesome?!


Second, I added some hot pink to the bedroom, and I'm really happy with it.  Mostly accessories, but I also undertook painting a chair (can you believe it? I never thought I'd be able to do it):



And I got this ottoman for the foot of the bed at Home Goods. There wasn't one there before - just one I borrowed from another room for previous photos :)  Can you believe it was only $149?  I thought that price was phenomenal (my husband didn't, but I explained to him that it WAS.  Sometimes they just need things explained to them, no?)


Ok, the flowers are fake. I put them there just for the photo.  They WILL be real as soon as I find pink plants that I can keep alive.  Please don't use fake flowers in your own homes!!!

And finally, the cool screen I got at OKL. 


I LOVE it. Since I'm being so honest, I'll tell you another secret.  I NEVER make my bed.  Only if I have a photo shoot, or the cleaning lady is coming.  Even then, I just pull the blankets up and don't bother with the pillows.  So, even though I have pillows and shams, they live in a pile in the corner of the room.  Before I had the screen, they were out in the open.  At least now they're hidden.
a
Next, my daughter found this amazing strawberry in the container today and really wanted me to show you, so I am :)






Enter your email address to receive new posts by email:


Delivered by FeedBurn 


Unknown said...

Lots going on for you Miss Stacy as always! Your home looks great, and so do you;) Glad you got the eye cream straightened out...always nice to have a lawyer around:) ps. where is it manufactured?

Katherine said...

I'm glad that SkinPro redeemed their self. It makes me as a consumer quicker to believe in them and the product. And honestly, when I look at the pictures I'm saying sign me up.

Now if they would just give you some SkinPro for a giveaway it would be more fun for all of us......

Stacy CUrran said...

That's a really good idea- I'll ask them! I almost never do giveaways so I didn't think of it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Stacy

Pura Vida said...

You are a very pretty person...eye cream or not

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

The house is looking amazing! Glad it worked out with the company, sorry that it happened.

Jenny
Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Acquired Objects said...

Stacy your home is beautiful! You made me laugh about your bed, no I make mine every morning but I'm anal and proud of it. Now I'm not a pink person but your bedroom really needed that shot of pink. Every room needs one unexpected surprise.

Enjoy your weekend!
XXX
Debra~