Recreating Horchow's Discontinued, Ever So Popular Bedding

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This bedding was from Horchow several years ago.  Isn't it pretty?


Since I started this blog, I have had more people write to ask me where it is from than I can count.  In fact, I think it is my most-asked question.  And I kind of hate that because I am constantly writing emails disappointing people, telling them that is is discontinued.  It makes me sad.

So, I decided to do a post showing you some alternatives that ARE available.  Here are some options - not all cheap, but similar looking at least.  You can click the links to see pricing, etc.  They are from stores like The Company Store, Serena and Lily, and higher end stores.  I almost gagged when I saw some of the prices, but a couple are affordable :)

My favorite, and I think the closest match:

Here

 Mixed with cream shams and throw pillows like the ones in the inspiration photo, it would be very close. Not sure if these pillows match exactly, but something like this.

Here
Here




And here are some other ones that, with cream shams and throw pillows like the ones above, would create a similar look. The first one is by far the most affordable:

Here
Here
Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

I really hope this helps those of you who were disappointed that the first one was discontinued.  I know how upsetting that can be, believe me!

And here are two sales I love today - modern furniture/accessories and mirrors. I KNOW the mirrors are a good sale because I bought the first one for  $439 and they have it for $229:





Enter your email address to receive new posts by email:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Irina said...

Beautiful bedding sets featured here. Love your picks!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I can see why you get so many emails about your bedding. Great alternatives!

miss b said...

This colour combination is perfect for a bedroom - so calm and restful. I like the mix of prints and textures.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous! Love the tans and white, its so fresh and crisp. Love your ideas Stacy....and ps I am addicted to that sketch app! I am making my family crazy....lol.

Pura Vida said...

back in my catalog days..Horchow was my all time favorite crush!

High Cotton Style said...

These are great options! I love those pillows. Did you have links to to last two pillows? Or did I miss them?

Unknown said...

Holy moley ,the first one is pricey! But what a great thing to find and post similiar beddings then the one discontinued. Nice of you:)