Love or Loathe? Animal Prints

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I happen to love animal prints.  Politics aside (as to whether it is ok to use real fur), I love them all when done right, but especially zebra (must be the black and white thing). I know a lot of people just hate them. Where do you all - I'm curious!  here are some that I love:































Finally, some sales. I always love this sale - the "Power of Pairs" - even though a lot of things are not sold in pairs - weird.  




And did you guys see the Mrs. Howard sale? AWESOME!!!




Enter your email address to receive new posts by email:


Delivered by FeedBurn 






Francine Gardner said...

I am so glad I found your blog via Splenderosa. i also love the chic, modern or even eclectic look of animal prints. i thought the armoire from one of your images was from my Amara collection, but it is slightly different..great post, i truly enjoyed (and pinned my favorite takes on animal print)

LindaDiane said...

I have tried really hard to like this but it's just not for me. Seems you either love it or you don't.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful post, Stacy!
I like a little zebra or leopard, but I think you can use too much.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Collar City Brownstone said...

Animal prints are not for me at all. Some of it looks nice, but it is not my style at all. As "Unknown" wrote, either you love it or you don't.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love it in small doses and usually in muted prints. I've seen it animal prints go so, so wrong! The Kardashians come to mind. ;)

Acquired Objects said...

I absolutely love anything zebra and would love to know where they found the zebra stair runner in the first picture.

XXX
Debra~

Unknown said...

I have always loved animal prints as accents not the focus. Zebra print I like, but not the real thing as they are endangered. I have seen some nice cow skins treated as if zebra to nice effect; also good to use the whole animal from the processor. That stair runner is stellar! Have a great day Stacy:)

Unknown said...

While not a big fan of animal SKINS, I do love animal prints and have a leopard print on my dining room chairs right now. You showed some beautiful examples.

mary said...

I love the muted animal prints in very small doses...think they bring a touch of elegance; also in bags and shoes, but not together. Zebra is a little edgy for me, although I wear mostly black and white...go figure.

Decor & Harmony said...

Love the post Stacy but animal print doesn't fit my decor I like to see how others use it in decorating maybe one day I'll fit some stripes in somewhere.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Hello,

I love animal prints. I think they looks fabulous in certain settings. As several of the others have said, animal prints are a love it or hate it decorating option. After you decide if you love it then comes the murky water of faux or real.

Have a great week, Elizabeth

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great examples of beautiful animal prints...they say that you should have at least one animal print of some type in a room...really goes well in any decor...I have seen some really cute "look-alike" type prints..a softer type of animal print.

The enchanted home said...

Hi Stacy...I am back, missed being in blogland! Its a love for me...in small doses. Like everything, there can be too much but when its used as an accent I think animal prints add a sense of glamour and drama to a room..love the beautiful examples you showed!

Leather Armchair said...

This stylish rug really makes the whole ambiance so conspicuous..!

Leather Sofa