Obsessed With Hot Pink rooms!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I have slowly but surely been added splashes of hot pink to my home (starting long before it became Pantone's last color of the year), but it has been going REALLY slowly.  Getting just the right shade can be tricky.  I bought a lush velvet armchair the other day at Home Goods to use in front of the piano, but when I got it home it read more maroon than fuchsia, so I returned it.  The room with the most pink so far is Ellie's room:



 Sometimes I just add it in flowers:



 I really want pink to carry through every room as a unifying theme, though. 
 Wouldn't it look good in this room?



And this one?


AND this one?


So that's one of my design goals for the year.
here are my inspiration files:


My all time favorite hot pink splash of color:




























_________________________________________________________________
n



 
Follow By Email:

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:





Unknown said...

A pop of Fuscia is the perfect plan for your home with all of the greys & black it will look fab! I have a pop of red in every room...not much just a lampshade or a picture with cherries or a mirror frame but it definitely helps with interest and cohesion.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love the pink! It goes great with your house. I think I could look at your house all day long, lol.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...I'm always attracted to images with pink in them and I also love to add pink flower arrangements through out my home. I don't think I could live with to much of it...

Fashion-isha said...

I'm crazy about hot pink!!
xo
Sharon

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Hi Stacy I love a dash or a lot of pink! Love it! Just found your blog and am following. As a fellow designer/decorator I love to use all pinks but especially in moderation as a dash. I agree that using pink in flowers is always effective!
have a lovely day
best wishes
Frances
ps I love your little girls room and the pic of the Designers Guild interior is always a favourite. Pink just makes me feel happy!

Unknown said...

However t=yo addpink to your house , I am sure it will look wonderful!

Laurie said...

Great plan - loving the hot pink pops. Also really loving my seize the year calendar!!

Cynthia said...

I the hot pink as pops of color but I couldn't deal with it in large doses.

Cynthia

beckymex said...

I Love your house, Stacy. Those 2 little benches in front of the fireplace would be a great place for a pop of hot pink dupioni silk...and easy to do! I'm in a serious pink phase, too...more pastel though, as influenced by my 6 year-old granddaughter!

Ivy Clad said...

Yes to pink. I'm about to wrap up a redo of my daughter's room (that has taken a looong time). The walls are Sherwin Williams 'Dogwood White'. It is a pink that is good for small spaces, not too overwhelming, too bubblegum nor too peach. It was the pink Phoebe Howard used in that ever-recognizable pink and white showhouse room.

KEri

PamLuvsPink said...

I LUV PINK!!!!

A little pink in every room is so eye catching. It brightens up a mood.

I love the pictures with pink. Your daughters room looks so cute!!!

Her pink desk is just the right shade.

Enjoy your pink designs!! Can't wait to see what you do.

Pam
xox