An Eclectic Mix Of Simple, Beautiful Rooms

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

 This time of year, I'm anxious to get rid of all the holiday decorations and get my house back in normal order.   I kind of recall saying the same thing last year, and know if left to my own devices, I'd have the tree out the night of the 25th.  I think the addition of the tree and all of the other stuff just gets to me after a while, and I long for simplicity again.  So, I think that's what appeals to me about these rooms - they are all so clean, simple, and clutter free.  Honestly, I'm a bit envious.
 
  


























My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
Jossandmain.com online decor ad
             

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:






Thanks for reading!
New England fine living said...

I feel the same, but rooms feel so empty after everything is down, but certainly refreshing. I have been busy taking down and packing client's decorations that my own has taken a backseat (one room at a time). Today, I might finish the challenge.
Thanks for sharing some inspiration.

Linda

The enchanted home said...

I sort of feel like you do, on one hand I love all my decor (remember me and the house are still in the honeymoon stage) but on the other its nice to see things without all the "stuff" around but then I think will it look too empty like somethings missing! Hum....since the jurys still out I am keeping them up another week....yes it could also be sheer laziness talking:)
Happy new year!

Cynthia said...

I feel like you do too, I am ready to get everything down. I want my normal house back.

Love all the kitchens in this post.

Cynthia

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Loving the great decorations as always lovely Stacy, specially the first gray kitchen, very fab! Yes, I want my house back with it's classic decor, I always lost interest in the holiday decor as soon as C'mas is over. Have a wonderful 2013 my friend and looking forward to enjoying your great posts in 2013.
FABBY

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...I feel the same way. Every year I cant wait to get things back to normal and put everything away....

Danielle said...

I feel the same! I was so ready to get the tree and all the decs down b/c I was feel claustrophobic. Took everything down before New Years. Now I'm looking forward to pairing down and brightening up with some fun pillows. Love the simple and uncluttered rooms you shared.

Anonymous said...

Our tree was down on Dec. 26. Granted we were going to be away for several days and I didn't want to face the tree when we returned. It always feels like we have so much more room once the decorations are down.
NIki

Unknown said...

lovely homes:)

Anonymous said...

So glad to know that I'm not alone! I secretly harbor that thought every year but have never voiced it for fear everyone will think I'm a real scrooge! I can't wait to take down that tree! Want it and all the little Christmas doodads out of here and for it to be nice and clean and spare again. Guess I am a scrooge.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love that grey kitchen!...and that "lantern chandy"...so beautiful....Waiting for a couple to come back to town and then I can take down my decorations...looking so forward to it!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I was happy to send my Christmas decorations back to storage, too. I love a clean look and even the term vignette makes me shudder a little. All of the women in my family love "stuff" and it drives me batty!

Pura Vida said...

Stacy I'm with you..tree and other stuff gone asap after 25th. But I leave my outside stuff up until January 2 or in this case this weekend. It's hard work, but worth it. I enjoy feeling like my house has a new start too. Love your photos.

rick @ funky garden furniture said...

I am exactly the same. I love Christmas and Christmas trees/decs but it gets to a point were I am just sick of the clutter. Pleased to say my house is now clutter free much like the lovely rooms you have featured here.