A New Challenge For me: Creating the Cottage Look

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A new client recently hired me to make her house look "cottagey."  I was the first to tell her that it's a style that I'm not overly experienced in - just a bedroom here and there.  I like the style in the right house, but most people hire me to do more modern or transitional rooms.  But, she hired me anyway!  So although it's going to be a bit of a challenge, I'm excited to start. I threw together these inspiration photos and she loves them, so we're off to a good start :)

























n
Two events I'm loving - first check out these chairs and ottomans from $204! This sale was made for me :)




And then these vintage originals, only $239 for a set of 3. I'm thinking instant gallery wall!



 
Follow By Email:

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:





Laurie said...

With inspiration pics like those and your talent I am sure it will be great.

Unknown said...

Good luck...loooks like you are on the right track. Looking forward to seeing the end result

Acquired Objects said...

It's good to spread your wings Stacy and you have flawless taste so I now you'll do well with this project and I hope you share.

XXX
Debra~

Claudia said...

Hello,

These are beautfiul inspirational pictures. My favorite look! Fun project.
Claudia

Decor & Harmony said...

Stacy, you are off to a good start! You have given me a few ideas too, Happy Monday.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

I love cottage style, and all your inspiration pics appeal to me! I'm sure you will do a fabulous job with this client project. Hope you'll share it with us :)

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I hear you Stacy...We were just hired to do an entire house with a cottage "feel", as well. First time for us too. We are having so much fun. The playfulness of this style are refreshing. Thanks for your inspiration!