Color Saturation - Love or Leave?

Thursday, January 17, 2013

 What do you guys think of fully saturated color, like you would see in John Robshaw's work?  It's not typically for me, but with Pantone's colors of the year being so bright the last couple of years, there is no denying it is in fashion.  And the more I see, the more I like, even if I wouldn't necessarily do it in my own home.  Here are some examples that I love:

























n



 
Follow By Email:

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:





Carrie said...

I am more of a neutral gal, but I love these rooms, and I was just dreaming last night about how I need to inject some color into our home. I've gone a bit too vanilla...

KC said...

Love the purples, lighter blues and mint rooms. The darker teal room - I am not a big fan of that wall color. I prefer lighter and neutral colors and different purple hues

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I love all of these images! Gorgeous color does it for me every time!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Kelly Coleman Coursey said...

Love, love, love these colors!!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

My favorite rooms in my old house were saturated with color. I always wondered when I was decorating them if I'd get tired of the colors. After a few years of living with those rooms, they still stayed my favorite. I don't know why I never carried it over to this house, but I should!

The enchanted home said...

I actually love the really dark ones, the bright ones are just too much color for me personally but the dark ones are stunning!

Unknown said...

I just finished my office/library (and blogged) in a crazy apple green and I love it! I wouldn't be that daring anywhere else in the house, nor would want it, but in my space it is fun and makes me smile:)

Ivy Clad said...

I can handle the color; I think it's gorgeous, especially that first room. The dark color is perfect for watching a movie or being moody and reading a book by lamplight.

K

Anonymous said...

I love saturated colors in photos of other peoples' homes, particularly in dark libraries, but it's not soothing enough for my own abode.