Eye Candy From Darryl Carter and Jamie Drake

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I talk a lot about my "dream homes" but honestly, sometimes I don't even know what my dream home is until I see it. That was the case of this Darryl Carter home (as seen in AD here) -  Like my mother used to say when my dad asked her what she needed at the mall, "I'll know it when I see it."  That's how I feel about this house - it's my surprise dream house:













Purple is by no means my "go-to" color, although I have used it and been quite pleased with the results. I've never been bold enough to use it the way Jamie Drake doe sin this stunner, though.  The use of color in this house is unexpected and beautiful, in my opinion. Do you agree?







In another bold move, the shower is encased in brass. WHAT!? I never thought in a million years I would ever like that again, but for some reason, it works here.  
Too bad it doesn't quite work this well in my master bath.



Two shopping notices today :)

1. I know a lot of you will love this french furniture sale"


Click to view


2. Layla Grayce is offering 15% off ANY item! This is a really great sale for them, as they almost always have a lot of exclusions:



Click to view



Thanks for reading!


My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
Jossandmain.com online decor ad
              

Ways to Subscribe:


P.S. I love this... said...

Daryl and Jaime are a couple of my fav designers. I love the editing that Daryl imparts in his designs and the exuberance that Jaime imparts in his. Totally different, equally fab!

That brass in the bathroom is amazingly beautiful.

Unknown said...

Two high fives's for both designers Stacy! Daryl Carter though would be one of the only people that I could just say, give me the keys and I would be done...no changes necessary. Love his work!

Anonymous said...

When I go shopping I always say, "I find things I didn't know I needed."
BTW, I finally signed up for One Kings Way based on yesterday's posting.
Niki

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Beautiful! I have so many dream homes floating around in my head, but right now I'm partial to transoms, dark wood floors, and white woodwork. That first house is calling my name! It's nice to know my brass shower is back in style. ;) I'll sell it to anyone who wants a vintage shower for a good deal.

Pura Vida said...

NOW I know what to do with my FERN!!!

Unknown said...

I think women have a nack for the hunting and gathering (shopping) and bringing it home to try it out. Especially in design at times it's the only way to know if something works or not. Love the images!

Cynthia said...

You are right. Great eye candy, beuaticul rooms.

Cynthia

carolyn bradford said...

Oh Stacy….this is a dream home for sure!! Thanks so much for sharing it!! Truly stunning!

Jeane M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeane M. said...

Wow! Seems like I've stumbled my self another great designer inspiration in here. Love all those cool hues of blue. Got my eye on your next posts.