So A Girl Walks Into Home Goods.....

Saturday, December 7, 2013

After a one month self-imposed ban.  And she's only looking for one thing. Well, two really: two snow globes, for her kids, to add to the collection started when the first was a baby and added to each year at Christmas. 



And she finds them:



But does she stop there, go to the register, check out, and leave?
Of course not.

And look what she finds:













Just to name a few.

But it is this treasure, this masterpiece, that she has been missing all her life:


Will it fit in her house? It looks to be about 12 feet tall, but it can't be, right? It will definitely fit somewhere, right? And she's in love, so she should grab it! She'll regret it if she doesn't find a way.

So she stares at it for about 1/2 an hour. Just stands there and stares, thinking.

And she finally does the right thing, and walks away.

Unfortunately, though, on her way to the checkout (well, not on most people's way, but on HER way because she took the long route), she passes the china.  And it's well-documented that she has an obsession with dinnerware, and has too much to fit in her cabinets.

And she sees these, for $8 a setting:


And they would go so well in her dining room! 

And they do.

And although she dreams of the other goodies she saw, she counts her blessings, and is happy.
The end.

_____________________________________________



My Pinterest:




___________________________________________

___________________________________________ 


             

     

Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner


PS - Home Goods doesn't pay me a darn nickel for my frequent posts like these, but they should! 
Are you listening HOME GOODS????
Karena said...

Stacy, and thus the reasons I stay out of Home Goods (as much as possible!)
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Your Homegoods is so much better than mine! I would have needed a truck if I had been there. Great finds!

Merlin said...

It truly is a curse. I have NEVER left a HomeGoods without something! franki

Cynthia said...

It never fails, when I go to HG the same things happy to me. I have to go tomorrow and I just want some things for Christmas and I just know I will see things I want. Good things we are building the house so I HAVE to be good!

Cynthia

miss b said...

The two snow globes you chose are so adorable and I can see why it took so long to get to the pay desk!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk

Katherine said...

Ha, ha - good girl. I'm proud of you.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh I so know what you mean…I find myself staring at one thing…thinking, now where can I put this…and do I really need it…but I love it…then walk away..like you…then think of it all day long!…I love those dishes…they are certainly "you"…Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

wow your store has more then mine. And I thought wow she bought
those pretties? Im so jealous. lol. I spotted those dishes too, but I had to walk away . Love to live by you and when you sell your things then I would buy them. Your blog is my total inspiration! signed obsessed, Mishelle :)

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Home Goods (love that store) should TOTALLY be paying you for such great advertising. What is wrong with them? ;)

Deborah said...

Love your blog, you are very funny and have wonderful taste. I too have a dish obsession 2 sets of china for 20, Christmas Spode for 16, sets for Valentine's day, St Patrick's Day, Easter, 3 sets of everyday, a collection of Evesham, and living in Salem a Halloween service for 40. When we redid the kitchen and spruced up the rest of our beach house last year HG shopping was my job and the HG locator along with my GPS were my best friends. From Southern NH to Braintree I shopped them all. I have to know which HG this is, it has soooo many good things. I have been to the three big ones on the North Shore and was so disappointed in the Christmas and dish selections. Please share...

Scat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HG Insider said...

Hi Stacy, we are listening! Thank you for taking us on a tour with you. Since our selection is so eclectic, every store is different and we love seeing what others find. Bet your Christmas table will look amazing. Please share a pic if you can. Happy Holidays! Your friends at HomeGoods

Unknown said...

Love your Blog.
Private House Sales