Manic Monday, With Lots of Beautiful Rooms (and some rarely shared facts about me)

Monday, November 18, 2013

So I got tagged in this thing on Facebook where you have to share facts about yourself that maybe not too many people know. I thought I'd share what I wrote here since I tend to reveal a lot less than some bloggers about my personal life. I changed a little bit, because I didn't want to share inside jokes or political opinions here, but here goes:

1. I have no idea how it feels to be hit or punched, but I did punch a boy out cold when I was five for taking a sip of my orange soda without asking. Later that year, I pushed him off stage during a school chorus recital. Our parents stopped being friends, but I still remember his name and face.

2. I'm fiercely competitive. Once, when I was 6 and really sick with full body chicken pox, I insisted on going to the Easter Egg hunt where we lived, and won the whole thing. I also almost drowned myself competing in a swim meet with kids three years older than me. The lifeguard came out to save me but I pushed him away, even as I was choking on water and couldn't breathe. He swam next to me the rest of the race, which I won.

3. I was a hair model when I was young.

4. I don't really like or care about music. My phone has about 30 songs on it, while my husband has over 15,000.

5. I found law school terribly easy, but I have to MapQuest things that are literally one turn away, even in my own town. When I got my license at 16, I got lost almost every day and got in tons of trouble for always being home late because I was lost but my parents didn't believe me because it was so ridiculous.

6. This one time, at band camp...

7. My biggest burst of energy comes at 11pm most nights. I've been known to paint a room while everyone else in the house was asleep. I've also painted one room in my house 24 times.

8. A llama tried to eat me at a petting zoo when I was three. True story. My mom hit it with her purse to make it go away. My dad stood there taking photos. I wish I had the photo of my mom in her cute white mini skirt hitting this huge llama with it's mouth on my shoulder and neck with her alligator purse, but it's on a slide in my dad's archives.

9. I am completely naive, trust too much ("friends" who have shown me their true character once still surprise me when they show it again), and I am way too sensitive (crying myself to sleep over things that happen to people I've never met)... But I'm the happiest now that I've ever been.

Also, I want to thank ALL of you who wrote comments and emails about my son turning 13 (Friday's post where I shared photos), and for saying such nice things about him. Some of you didn't have reply emails (no comment blogger for example), so I couldn't reply individually, but please know that it means a lot to me that you take the time to comment and say such nice things! 








































Images

Finally, I actually have a new post on the charity blog, about shoes that look just like the Valentino Rockstud ones (but are NOT knockoffs - I don't support or buy those because of the child labor involved). These are designed by Julianne Hough for an American company. Click to go to the post:





 
                                  ___________________________________________
___________________________________________ 

___________________________________________


             

Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Jenny said...

Your little known facts are HILARIOUS! I love #1, and can totally relate to painting rooms in the wee hours of the night, as I am the same way. :-)

Gorgeous inspiration photos - as always!

The enchanted home said...

This was soooo funny. I was laughing to myself imagining you swimming pushing the lifeguard away while furiously trying to get ahead..too funny. I am very competitive in SOME things but amazingly laid back with others...go figure.

So do tell me about this band camp:) Since I wasn't a music kid I am not "getting it".
As usual can never leave here without my Pinterst fingers getting an intense workout:)

Karena said...

Stacy I love getting to know you better...you were quite the spunky kid!

Painting a room 24 times! I love it!

Xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Carrie said...

Fun learning more about you, Stacy. I just did something similar last week on my blog. I can totally identify with #9, but I read a beautiful quote this weekend "we have to keep breaking our heart until it opens." Happy Monday!

Merlin said...

You are our "woman's woman!" So many things I relate....except I do love music, etc. Your selections, again, are fab (so are you.) franki

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

These are so funny and much better than the "I don't like peanut butter" statements I've been seeing on facebook. I had no idea you are so competitive! I'm the complete opposite. If I win something and it makes someone sad, I feel horrible and wish I never won at all. I know, it's ridiculous! Oh, and I know now to never touch your orange soda!

Sandra Lee said...

You share the most beautiful pictures and are you really going to leave us hanging about band camp?

Jennifer said...

I can relate very easily to constantly getting lost! I think it is a true "learning disability" and don't think I will ever outgrow it!I have had the problem since I was a little girl. Thank goodness for the MAPS app on my phone!Love the mind image of you in the swimming pool,too!
Lovely photos as usual!

Calypso In The Country said...

I just love your stories! So entertaining! I can tell by your answers that you must be so much fun to hang out with...well unless a competition is involved! lol! Love the pics - that white room with the vaulted ceiling is stunning!
-Shelley

diane said...

Always fun to hear about people and some of your stories are so funny and seem so incongruous when we see a pretty picture of you. But I always admire a strong woman! Great photos too, as always.