Back to Back Sofas; Not a New Idea, But A GREAT One

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I wonder who was the first designer to think to put sofas back to back in a large room? Pure genius!! I considered this look for my family room, but even though it is large, it is a square, and I prefer the back to backs in a rectangular room.  Do you like this look?




















I told everyone yesterday that the Tiny Prints sale was ending, and I was wrong.  It didn't end yesterday - it ends tomorrow.  So sorry - I got my sales mixed up.  So anyway, you still have today and tomorrow to get 40% off with Code CB12:

                30% off at TinyPrints -- use code "CB12"                       


And the Wood Monogram is BACK!! Click to view - $22

View


And I'm loving the Ralph Lauren Home sales here:

View


 My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
Jossandmain.com online decor ad
             

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:






Thanks for reading!
Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great post, Stacy! I've wanted to try this look in the formal living room for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurie said...

I could pin all day from your blog - great images. So jealous of rooms big enough for the back to back couches as I sit in my very narrow up & down London home.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

The room with the sofas on the diagonal is a very interesting way to work around a big piano! I love it!

LifeLoveLuxe said...

Love it!! Such a great way to define the space in a cohesive way.

I'm seconding Laurie's emotion up there in the comments. I live in a small New York studio apartment but dream of having a room large enough that 2 sofas is a must-have. Le sigh!! Dear Santa....

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the back-to-back sofas. And I agree with you on needing a large, rectangular room with the addition that both sofas match. Luckily I have the perfect room for it in my house! But unluckily, my husband is not yet comfortable with the idea. Maybe your pictures will help.

Cynthia said...

I lthis idea and thinnk it is so smart for conversation. Beautiful rooms too.

Cynthia

Karena said...

Stacy beautiful examples of the back to back sofas. They are so gorgeous in a room that has space can handle them.

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Series & Giveaway

Anonymous said...

I think this look is great for a VERY large room--especially if there are two focal points.
Niki

carolyn bradford said...

I like the idea a lot but my all time favorite is sofas facing each other either in front of a large fireplace or just with a large coffee table in between…to me it makes more since for conversations, etc…These pictures were all just gorgeous and I would love to have a big enough family room to do either option in! Great post, Stacy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have always wanted a large living room space so that I could use to sofas back to back creating two conversation areas...they are all so beautiful!!...I have that wooden monogram...I just placed it over a cotton wreath above my mantel for Christmas!