A Trbute to Loved Ones Past and Present: My Thanksgiving Table

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

As some of you know, we lost my father-in-law to cancer a few weeks ago. Although we have so much to be thankful for, it will be a hard holiday without him. And my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's this year, so although she is still with us, she is not the same person that I grew up with. I really wanted to pay tribute to both loved ones this Thanksgiving.

I knew I wanted to use photos, and my dining room is black and white, so I had 10 black and white images printed up. I also used three bags of pine cones, one bag of glittery pine cones, three glittery floral sprays, one 25 foot spool of ribbon, and tea lights that I already had.

Here is the result:


As you can see, I used photos of the whole family, but placed my father-in-law and mother a little more prominently and in more images. I'm not sure if anyone but me will notice, and that's ok:





 Here are some with the simple table setting I ended up with:






Thank you all for reading, for coming back to this blog week after week, and for taking the time to visit sponsors and to comment.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy writing this blog, and without you it wouldn't be happening. 

So THANK YOU for reading, from the very bottom of my heart. 

I wish you all health and happiness this day and every day.

-Stacy
Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Lovely tribute and table setting!

The enchanted home said...

What a beautiful tribute! It couldn't be any prettier. Wow Stacy, your dining room is fit for a magazine cover. Enjoy it...I know its going to be a bittersweet day, I am sorry for your entire family, may his spirit be with you on this special day. Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Stacy, your tribute centerpiece is lovely! I do hope that even though you've experienced great loss this year, your Thanksgiving will be filled with love and laughter.
~ Wendi ~ xo

Anonymous said...

How very touching and special.
Niki

carolyn bradford said...

Stacy, this turned out beautifully! What a special tribute to those special family members! I hope you all have a wonderful time together! Your dining room looks amazing! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful way to honor the memories! I love this. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cynthia

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Your table is beautiful, and I am teary-eyed because I can relate to this situation. Make the best of things and enjoy your time together.
Happy Thanksgiving, Stacy.
Teresa
xoxo

Pura Vida said...

Stacy this brought tears to my eyes. Your table is so beautiful and so special. Sometimes years are hard and sometimes they are full of joy, but they can always have beauty!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Stacy...what a wonderful tribute to your Father-in-law and your mom...the centerpiece is so elegantly sentimental...The tablescape is just so fitting for your exquisite dining room....just beautiful!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, celebrating the fond memories of your loved ones.

Haus and Home said...

I'm back from Germany, been so busy catching up on emails and now I can check out old posts I missed. I love how you are featuring your family. Over at Carolyn's Mulberry blog she featured a centerpiece with black and white family photos and I loved that, then I saw yours! You are so sweet!

Sarah Davis said...

What a wonderful idea! I would have never thought to do something like this, but I can't imagine how much it would mean to each and every person if I did. Your home is so beautiful already, but when you add little personal touches like this, it makes all the difference in the world.

xx-
sarah

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt touch to your table. I'm so sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. My grandmother and mother had Alzheimer's, so I have to admit I teared up a bit when I read your post. My thoughts are with you. ~Suzy