The Amazing Use of Color in Jamie Drake's Work

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Do you remember seeing Jamie Drake's work at the Kip's Bay Show House?  I was intrigued, so I took at look a the rest of his portfolio, and was not disappointed. He had me at the first image with lacquer in it.  

I'm also  especially impressed with his use of color and versatility.  He uses a ton of lavender - not my go to color, I must admit, but gosh it look great in his rooms, especially with gold accents.   

Here are three things I'm drooling over that you can keep a look out for: the purple dining chairs, the lucite bed (!) and that closet (you'll see what I mean :)

























































Pretty amazing, huh?
Thanks for reading!


My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
Jossandmain.com online decor ad
              

Ways to Subscribe:


sheerserendipity said...

I am very impressed by his use of color. He makes it all the colors work together beautifully!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow! Thanks for highlighting his portfolio, Stacy, such beautiful use of color!

Splendid Sass said...

Stacy-
I LOVE his work, and his use of color is amazing!
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

carolyn bradford said...

WOW! No one can ever accuse him of being boring, thats for sure! Such vibrancy and confidence in all of his rooms! Thanks for sharing them with us! Have a great wednesday, Stacy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Yes, pretty amazing use of color....seems to be lots of shades of purple and pinks....seeing lots of purple shades lately in all the magazines....Great designer...

P.S. I love this... said...

Love Mr. Drake's work and flair. I plan to get rid of that god-awful sofa in my family room and get a Caramel colored english arm sofa in velvet.. and accent it with fushia!! Thank you for reminding me of Drake's work and color boldness. =)

Quick question.. where did you buy the plastic molding? psilovethis@gmail.com

Thank you,
Zena