House Updates

Monday, April 22, 2013

I showed you this light a few weeks ago, but didn't really talk about other changes to the room:


The room is becoming an office.  So, this weekend I painted the ceiling black!!!  And I *love* it.  It definitely darkened the room a bit, but it gets a lot of light and has a ginormous chandelier, so that's ok.  Here is another view:


And now to explain -- the ottomans under the desk are getting new fabric.  Probably hot pink.  And the pillows (stored under the table for now) that look like they clash in this photos don't in real life.  They are a lighter gray than the rug, but NOT clashing (I think the colors get messed up a little because I have to lift the shadows in some photos, especially of this room).  The little console will be gone, because.....

This is what will be in front of the desk, with the gray pillows on it, and a blanket of course:


And here is the side wall - I love how the mirrors reflect the chandelier:
 
g
While I had the black paint out for the ceiling, I painted my dining room black, too.  You may recall, it used to be black.  But then when we darkened the floors, the black seemed too dark, so I went to gray.  Well, I added some lights in the ceiling so that I could go back to black.  I'm still working on it (lampshades are getting monograms again, need some color on the table, etc.), but here it is for now:


Here it was in gray - I liked it, but like the black better:




And one last shot of the new black:


 So I hope you like the changes.  Thanks for reading!





Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Wow! Your home office is GORGEOUS! Your dining room is GORGEOUS! Your island lighting is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love everything you've done, Stacy!
~ Wendi

Merlin said...

That dining room, etc. looks SO dramatic..definbitely a fan of the black...your new chandelier....I'm certainly "seeing" a lot of them. franki

Anonymous said...

Your spaces are drop dead gorgeous! What is policy on pinning your home? Do you allow it or prefer to keep it private? Suzi pblapere@att.net

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

That room just seems to be made for a study with the bookshelves. It looks great! It took me a while to get used to the sputnik chandeliers when I first saw the arteriors one a few years ago, but I love them now. They'll come around, lol.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

The room looks fabulous! I think your Sputnik chandelier looks great!

After all I think you spend the most time in the kitchen so it should be the way your like it.

Have a great week, Elizabeth

Barbara@HausDesign said...

I'm loving all of the glam in your house Stacy! I just read through Traditional Home last night and that lantern caught my eye as well - a bit of surprise in the home is always a good move. It all looks great!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Stacy!! It looks gorgeous!! The office is going to be to-die-for!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

Stunning Stacy!!! I LOVE it!!! I've been thinking about doing the same thing to my dining room ceiling for 2 years now, and still don't have the guts to take the plunge.. but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how yours come out! Seriously your house is STUNNING! ~Bre

diane said...

Love your new chandelier. It is such a nice change from the two pendants we all have hanging over our islands and looks great in your home.

The enchanted home said...

You are too good. looks stunning...love the new lighting!! The house just gets better and better.....thanks for sharing, love when you share pics of your home!

Unknown said...

Very cool Stacy! That takes guts to make those changes and what a big impact. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so much fun!! Love it - and your a MA girl too!! xo

sheerserendipity said...

First of all, I love the black walls in your diningroom, it is so dramatic. Your house is just gorgeous, I love everything you've chosen. The sputnik chandelier is such a nice change.
Sherry:)

Kathysue said...

Omgosh, You know I am so in love with your black ceiling and walls, Love love them, the new lighting in both rooms is spectacular and I am sure when guest enter you home they gasp with disbelief at what they are seeing. Spectacular is the word that comes to mind. Great choices!!
BRAVO!!!
xo Kathysue

carolyn bradford said...

You were just ahead of your time with that chandelier! Wow! I would've loved to have opened up to something that I'd picked out before Traditional Home! I LOVE the office ceiling! I think it looks amazing! I love black ceilings almost as much as I love black doors! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Ok I think I've scrolled up 15 times now to stare at your office - WOW Stacy - you have the most amazing talent going there.
It's out of this world really - and should be in every magazine!
Hugs,
Suzan

Carrie said...

I did a lot of "ooh"ing with this post. :) Nice updates, Stacy!!

Debra Rozenman said...

Stacy, I love your house, what ever change that you do it's always amazing, you defiantly have the touch for decor, to paint black the walls you need talent, and you've got it.
your office is gorgeous already, can't wait to see it finish.
To visit classica home decor to visit my blog click here

Danielle said...

Wow, Stacy, I love it all!!! The black ceiling in the office. That chandelier is gorgeous! The black walls in your dining room are so dramatic and perfect. I also love your kitchen light. It makes such a statement.

Unknown said...

I love your style! Love it!