My Favorite Artist - A Local South Shore MA Watercolor Painter (Jack Sullivan) and A New Blog Recommendation

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jack Sullivan at South Shore Watercolors (here) is my new favorite artist.  He lives in my town, and we know him because he is the father of a boy that my son is close with. The Sullivan's have FIVE boys. That's just an aside and not really relevant to his work - I can't even imagine and think there is a special place in Heaven set aside for the parents of all boys :)  I say that as a mother of one son that I love to pieces, but I am grateful hat I also have a daughter to balance it out with all of her sugar and spice.

Anyway, Jack is amazingly talented, but is kind of just starting out.  I love his work so much, and hope you do, too. Here are some of my favorites:












Aren't those amazing? We just bought a large one but it is being framed so I don't have it to show you just yet (but I will!)

________________________________

I also want to tell you about my good friend's new blog. Her name is Andrea, and she lives on the South Shore of MA near me.  She is without a doubt one of the funniest (and caring) people I know. She is writing a travel blog, called My Travel Folder, and because of her travel agent relationships, has great deals to offer on resorts, etc. But even if you aren't looking to travel, read it for the laughs.

This is my favorite post so far - I was totally cracking up.  She refers to this outing on her recent trip to the bahamas as "The redneck version of swimming with Dolphins:"


Yup. That's a pig. And it get's even better.

Check the post out HERE

__________________________________________

___________________________________________ 

 You won't regret it :)
___________________________________________


               

     

          
 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Merlin said...

Oh to HAVE such talent...these are just so "real." Lucky YOU! franki

Karena said...

Very talented and I love all of the seaside watercolors!

xoxo
Karena
New_2013 Designer Series

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love the seaside ones as well. It's so exciting when you recognize places around town local artists have painted. I love seeing it through an artist's eyes because it makes me appreciate where I live even more.