What I Love Wednesday: GOLD!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I'm sure this is the 100th post you've seen on how gold is back, but I couldn't help writing about it, too.  I never missed gold when everything was silver, but now that gold is back, I can't imagine decorating without it.  I think it's gorgeous, especially the "new gold" - a slightly toned down and more champagne color (less brassy). What do you all think of gold?  Did you ever stop using it?

 














































And I think this is the MOST beautiful furniture ever:


My Pinterest:





___________________________________________

___________________________________________ 



Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Anonymous said...

I LOVE gold and never stopped using it. I did, however, get rid of all the fake brass lighting, etc, but as far as big mirrors, frames, etc, I kept them!! Love it!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I'm slowly reintroducing it in the rooms that it works in. I did stop using gold for a while, but the gold I had before should be stopped, lol. It's like everything else that's reinvented. It's the same, but much better.

Karena said...

Gold mirrors and frames add so much sophistication to decor! Love to see gilt trim on furnishings as well!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

GORGEOUS post, Stacy! I lvd gold too.
Teresa
xoxo

Scat said...

Stacy,
I adore gold! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

MGross said...

Love it! I don't have a lot of gold things, but maybe it's time to go shopping! I love a reason to go decor shopping.

The enchanted home said...

WOW! This is one gorgeous post Stacy...shine on!

Emma said...

Well, as they say, all that glitters is gold, right? This post spotlights some really gorgeous ways to use gold of many hues. I don't know which one's my favorite. I think I like all of them!

Merlin said...

Always...gold in decorating for me! franki

Anonymous said...

Although the vignette is attractively decorated, it appears to be ut of proportion. I am not sure how easily the space could be used, since a woman would need to be very tall in order to use the mirror.