My Happy Place! You Must Get to ABC Home if You've Never Been!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Patrick and I spent this past weekend in NYC.  I had never been to ABC Home before, and it was #1 on my list of things to do.  It is in the flatiron district, at 888 Broadway (there are other locations, too - Bronx, NJ, and Florida - go to the website and click "Locations"), and is quite simply the most amazing place I have ever been.

Here are my photos of the various showrooms, spread out over six massive floors:  















 How freaking beautiful is that?

Patrick generally enjoyed looking at the furniture, but when he saw this settee he was appalled. He said, "Why would anyone buy that? It's BROKEN!"  He was referring to the worn fabric. So cute :) He didn't really love the lucite table, either. And although I'd written him of as a design co-conspirator a long time ago, I'll admit it - that hurt a bit. But no worries - I educated him as to exactly why it was in fact totally fabulous ;)

(To the reader who asked when these come up on OKL, please see the note at the end of this post)


 A million pictures later, we made our way to the bar and restaurant on the lower level, called  ABC Kitchen.

This was the view from our table:


This was our table - check out the chairs!!!


And our sweet, cute little table itself. This is when I fell hopelessly in love.


See how happy? I could live here for sure.


The food was. To. Die. For. Seriously - amazing. And all served beautifully, on gorgeous china with sterling silver utensils.

The rest are stock images of various parts of the restaurant, far better than what I took on my phone:






















So who else has been? If you live in or near NY, I am officially jealous.

If you don't, I swear, get yourselves to this store and restaurant in any way possible. You will not regret it!

Shopaholics:
 


___________________________________________________________






Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

PS - to the reader who asked me about coffee tables at OKL - here is one today:

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I always hear about this place, but I really had no idea how amazing it is. I'm not a big fan of NYC, but know I'll be there often since my brother lives there. This will give me something to do!

Splenderosa said...

What a wonderful event!
I love this place too and spend way too much time in there when in NYC.
Don't forget about Interieurs, Francine Gardner's shop. It's fab.
xx's

Jessica said...

It's a dream, no? Last year, I picked up some treasured agate Christmas ornaments during my trip. I love that there's a little ABC Home on my tree now :)

aed said...

I live in NYC and have been there many times. It really is like a fantasyland. I can imagine how one would feel walking in the front door for the first time.

But, there is only one ABC Carpet and Home (unless you count the carpet section across the street).

Lissy Parker said...

Stacy, I love this place! Every floor is more inviting than the last. Bobby Flay was there cooking when I was there. Thank you for the the post.
xo, Lissy

Stacy CUrran said...

FYI aed - there are 4 locations. See their website: https://www.abchome.com/locations/#bronx

Bronx, Manhattan, NJ, and FL

Stacy

aed said...

Oh right. I didn't realize you were counting the warehouse (Bronx, where they have their carpet sales ac couple of times a year) and the other 2 which, from what I understand, are mostly carpet/rug stores with some furniture mixed in. The real experience of ABC is in Manhattan. Those who go to the other locations are not seeing anything like the main store.

beckymex said...

THE BEST STORE--EVER...ANYWHERE...ON THE PLANET!!!!! I love this store and can spend hours--no, days there!!! And, it is always different every time you go. I will never be in New York without going to ABC.
Thanks for sharing, Stacy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow..you must have been in designer heaven!...and that restaurant is as beautiful as the store is....so glad you had a great time...will have to look up the Florida location...

Sandra Lee said...

I would absolutely, positively lose my mind in this place!!! To me this is a vacation destination. The hubs probably wouldn't think so!!!

Merlin said...

I WILL DO THIS!!! Luv your hat!! franki