What I Love Wednesday: The MOST Amazing Home of Leopoldina Haynes

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hi everyone! I can't wait to show you this house. It is the amazing home of Leopoldina Haynes in the Clapham area of London.  I stumbled across her home on Pinterest, and she was kind enough to let me share the whole thing with you.

Leopoldina has a long history in dealing antiques, and she sourced most of the furniture for her home from Sweden and France.  She also has a children boutique in London, Piccoli & Co., which sells nursery furniture and bedding. All of the nursery furniture is designed based on the antiques she sold in her antique shop.

A few note about the home:
The walls are painted in Dulux Chalky Downs, using all the shades from light to dark. Notice that  the woodwork is always darker than the walls.

The kitchen has just been refurbished-  the cooker is La Cornue and the cabinets were handmade in England by a company called Charlie Kingham Cabinetry.

 You can see more on her Pinterest Board here.

Ok, onto the home. This is NOT an easy look to master, but oh my did she nail it:




















































Thank you SO much Leopoldina for letting me share your gorgeous home with my readers!!

What do you all think? I know you love it as much as I do :)

Finally, my favorite sale today. This one left me speechless (almost):






Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Emma said...

She did totally nail it. This home is gorgeous and has the right pops of color, pattern and texture to keep it from getting monotone. Looks cozy!

Merlin said...

She must be gloriously happy with her beautiful home! franki

Unknown said...

This may just be the most gorgeous home on the planet!!!!!!
Unbelievable!
XOXOXO

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love, love this home!!!....kept scrolling up and down!
Amazing interiors!!!...thanks so much for the truly exquisite post!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! I love this house, it is perfect and it is so incredibly beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

The enchanted home said...

Very pretty and so well done. Funny I was kind of tired of seeing these all beige homes but this one is so well executed, it is an absolute exception!

Leslie said...

Very pretty! The window treatments in the bedrooms are gorgeous. Beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

This post gave me a bland, mono induced headache. Where's the personality?
Who lives here??? Can't tell???

Cyndi

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just beautiful! I love how each room flows so beautifully into the next.

Catherine Hendrick said...

does anybody out there know what chalky downs colour she used on the paneling in the bedroom ????? it's a fawny colour :)