Random Beauty

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hi everyone! With the exception of one anonymous commenter who didn't like the new blog design, your comments were all so kind and supportive - thank you!! 


Can I complain for a moment? I was really annoyed with the one commenter (and by annoyed of course I mean saddened). I know I have to learn to just get over it, but having a blog does not mean one does not have feelings - as some people have said, I need "thicker skin." I disagree - no one should really tell anyone else what the correct amount of sensitivity is, in my opinion)  In the past, people have also written and said things like "what an ugly post," after I say how much I love the rooms. That kind of stinks to receive. And last night, I wrote this about the new blog design: "Please, no negative comment, please, I can't take it right now." (I literally said please twice). Well, the emailed post went out at 1:00 am, and wouldn't you know the first comment was an anonymous one at 1:03 am saying they didn't like it.  Here's a hint: If you have to say it anonymously, maybe you shouldn't say it at all!! I would never in a million years post something like that, especially when the blog writer asked readers not to, so it was a bummer. A good reminder that we could probably all try harder to follow the golden rule.

Anyway, I LOVE the way it looks here now, and it has invigorated me. OH, I did forget to mention last night though that if you read by email, you can only see the new design if you click the "South Shore Decorating Blog" link at the top of the email (i.e., to go to the home page). That was confusing to email readers, and totally my fault - sorry!

Happy Thursday everyone.




























Images





Beth said...

I, for one, appreciate how much time you put into finding so many beautiful rooms. Thank you for sharing!

cindy weis said...

love the new blog, and always appreciate all the time and effort you take in giving us beautiful rooms to view.

G. Norris said...

People who hide behind anonymity probably don't have enough class to have reliable opinions.

diane said...

I still don't understand why people feel free to be mean just because they can do it anonymously. While it is not easy to ignore and be hurt by, just remember that these are some pretty miserable people who would not be happy with anything. I for one love the new design and all of your posts. It is one of the few I look forward to every day so hang in there!

Deb said...

I love all the beautiful rooms you share with us and find them quite inspiring.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I LOVE your new blog design and it is so sad that people would leave such snarky comments and hide behind their computers....I just say that they are basically unhappy people...Love coming here to get great inspiration...

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your posts! It's always fun looking at all of the different ways people choose to decorate their homes. Obviously,some images we'll like better than others butI certainly appreciate all of your time and effort putting these posts together! My favorites are on your own home, which is SO BEAUTIFUL! You are one talented lady! Barbara P from Ma

Kate Abt Design said...

Stacy your new blog looks wonderful. Always look forward to your posts and appreciate the time it takes to put them together. Keep them coming!!!

Margarite said...

I love your blog! (and the new design) I have found that people that make such negative comments are generally unhappy people at heart. I feel sorry for them. Your blog is inspirational and appreciated by many people. It takes courage to put yourself "out there" and I hope you keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I love your blog - I'm inspired by it each and every day and I literally smile when the email arrives in my inbox. Please don't be put off by the mean people - just concentrate on the great pleasure you give to so many others.

Anonymous said...

If you make 50 percent of people happy you're a success. I think your blog is great and you find endless beautiful rooms.

Cate said...

You're one of my favorite bloggers. Every day I check Bloglovin to see if there's a post from you.

Anonymous said...

Love the new design and your blog. It's consistent,ly great. Thank you

Stacy CUrran said...

You all have absolutely made my night and made all the html coding struggles 100% worth it! THANK YOU!!!
Stavy

"Gathered" at ENVY said...

I look forward to each and every email I receive from you. Thank you for providing such beautiful photos. They continually inspire me!

kathi123 said...

Whats not to love about your new blog design?-its fabulous and I look forward to reading it everyday-I literally drool sometimes when i look at some of the rooms-I wish there was a way to get rid of the trolls that are on the internet,just trying to stir something up or get some attention, but I guess we have to take the good,the bad, and the ugly of being on the internet-all I can say is, haters,get a life and thank you Stacy for doing what you do,so extremely well!

Maryanne White said...

Love the new look, and have always loved your blog.....one of the few I read consistently. Short, simple and to the point for those of us who have a life!

Judith said...

Love your new blog format, easy to read and navigate through. Thanks so much for your lovely articles, I always enjoy them.
Judith Peacock

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...if I were there I would give you a big hug! The new blog looks fabulous....I need to do the same.

Unknown said...

I love taking a few minutes to escape, while really enjoying the beautiful pics you display here! Thanks! (I wish I could easily add to my Pinterest portfolio ;)

Anonymous said...

People who say unkind things are simply looking for a reaction & I believe it simply reflects their inner ugliness.

I adore your blog & the new format has a spring like quality where everything is new & refreshed. Change is vital & energises both the blogger & their devotees.

Like you I am terribly sensitive to slights & graceless behaviour, but I think that is a good trait!

Kind regards. Sharon x

Kristy Woodson Harvey said...

The new look is so fab. They are jealous of your flawless taste, obviously! I can so relate, though... Why is it that we can have a million positive comments and the one negative is what sticks with us? Happens to me all the time. Hang in there! You don't need thick skin, just good friends to remind you how amazing you are :) xo Kristy

Karena said...

Stacey I love the new look of your site and this post has SO many fabulous rooms. I have been lucky to not receive too many negative comments, however it is so hurtful when we put so much work into what we do! Try to ignore the one bad egg out of so many who adore you!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Unknown said...

Your blog is lovely. It's one of the few that I still follow. I really do get ideas for my own home. Keep up the good work!

Liz said...

I don't know how you find so many beautiful inspiring rooms. I actually go to your blog for ideas.
Keep it up...I love it!

Segreto Secrets said...

I think the new site looks beautiful!! Love, love the background!! Keep up the beautiful posts!!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Katherine said...

Stacy,
I've been away for a couple of weeks and just clicked on to your site - I thought I was in the wrong blog and had to stop and check the title for a minute. It looks great. I really like the new design - it flows well and the colour choice is really you.

You inspire me with the images you post and certainly with the new blog page.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love your new format! It looks so good. I am so jealous because I want to change mine up, too. And really, what's not to like?! Naysayers can shut it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beutuful new look!!! So happy I checked in today to see it! Your collection of images are gorgeous. as always. The people who make negative comments are usually just jealous!...or very very sad. Anyway-ignore them!!! xo

margif said...

Stacy,
Your new blog design is wonderful. It is so fresh with a lovely blue and brown color scheme. I learn so much from you. Thanks for your blog!!!