Elegance Defined: Elegant (But Not Formal) Spaces

Thursday, December 27, 2012

All of you who follow me know that my style tends toward elegant, but not formal.  I was trying to think of a way to explain how I see the difference, and got stuck, so I looked up the word "elegant." As anyone who's written a term paper at 3:00 am knows, that's always a great trick for a metal block! Anyway, elegance is defined as being pleasingly graceful and stylish in appearance or manner." Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself :)

So I think that's what attracts me to each of these rooms - not that they are fussy or formal (quite the opposite in many cases), but that they all have an air of elegance:



































 
My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:

Jossandmain.com online decor ad

             

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:






Thanks for reading!
Unknown said...

liked pink sofa:)

Cynthia said...

These sure are beautiful spaces. I love them!

Cynthia

Summer for Swede said...

I loved nearly all of them and could see myself living in those spaces because they are neutral and clean from alot of accessories. But I do think most people would consider them "formal" but not "of the period formal". All are elegant. On the formal vs. informal definition, to me informal is a room where a four year old could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with no worries. I don't think that fits for any of these lovely spaces.

sparklegem said...

Wow what gorgeous interiors! They're all so beautiful. I will be back for another visit soon!

Kim

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy, beautiful rooms.... I am attracted to the spaces that are elegant, but have a natural feel to them.

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

Gorgeous Stacey!!! They were all so classy and inviting :) Many that I easily coveted sitting in :) SO dreamy, thanks for sharing! ~Bre

Barbara@HausDesign said...

What a gorgeous post Stacy! I think all of these rooms have 1, 2 or 3 very upscale items (something gilded, scrolled, etc.) and then the rest is understated, which makes for the perfect combo in my book. Lovely choices! Happy Holidays to you and your family! So glad I got to "know" you this year. :)

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Beautiful, elegant rooms!

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks for the great collection, Stacy ~ one of my favorites, for sure! I always look forward to your posts and appreciate all the time you put into finding the gorgeous inspiration for us ~ wishing you all the best for the New Year!

Haus and Home said...

Very eloquently said!

michele said...

i'm so crazy about informal elegance, and these are superb examples of lovely!

happy new year, sweet blogger.

michele

Home and Garden Blogger said...

That Beautiful House room is stunning, so bright and airy I love it!