Color of The Year: Emerald Green

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I hope you all had the most wonderful Christmas!  We did, celebrating with both friends and family.  It was bittersweet for us, as it is clear that this was the last Christmas that my mother will know us (Alzheimer's). What a cruel, cruel disease.  Anyway, I'm trying to focus on counting my blessings more than the sadness of it.  And my two biggest blessings, age 7 and 12, had a magical day, which made it magical for me.  I hope you all had the same.  I also want to apologize for not being able to respond to many comment lately - this week will be hard, too, but I'll be back in full force next week, so watch out, I'll be stalking your blogs :)

What do you all think of Pantone's color of the year, emerald green?  I like it, but in moderation.  I'd rather see it as a pop of color than in a fully saturated room.  I am excited to see what people do with it this year.  here is what I was able to find so far:



























My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:

Jossandmain.com online decor ad

             

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:






Thanks for reading!
Jenny said...

I like all these greens. I see it as another neutral background to make warm colors glow.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love emerald green with black or navy. It's such a classic combination. I even considered painting my new nightstands that color for a hot minute.

Unknown said...

Stacy, i love these combinations with emerald green. Amazing!:)
kisses..

New Post on www.prettyinpinkbride.com

beckymex said...

Oh lordy...they are so gorgeous! Reminds me soooo much of 70's decor with the faux bamboo chairs, trellis patterns and so on. All that is missing is a white elephant side table!

Unknown said...

You are right to focus on your blessings. Alzheimers is brutal and my thoughts are with you. Thank you for your wonderful work and zest for all things beautiful. Bringing beauty into our homes adds to the quality of life in so many ways and I appreciate your work. Our homes support us in so many ways, most especially when under stress. All the best Stacey! Looking forward to 2013 through your unique perspective.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Oh Stacy... I hate Alzheimers!! My grandmother had it, and my mother is convinced that she will have it someday, too. It is heartbreaking. I'll be praying for you.

I like the emerald green... especially paired with blue and white :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love the green with blue and white....Glad you had a wonderful Christmas...i am so sorry about your mom...it must be so difficult for you and your family...yes, such a cruel disease for both the person and loved ones...Enjoy your family this week!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I am so sorry about your mother.

Naz said...

I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through with your mother. It's a very difficult time.

Emerald green isn't one of my favorites at all, never was either.

Fashion-isha said...

Oh my! I am a huge fan of green, it totally does something for me :) These pics are great and I must go pin some of them! Have a great weekend!
xo
Sharon

Gloria @ Lovely Abode said...

Just what I needed to see. I've been trying to decide on a new colour for the feature wall in my bedroom and this is it! Thanks for sharing.