Monday Room Beauty and Storm Prep

Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Monday everyone!  If you don't see me for a few days here, it is because of the blizzard hitting the northeast.  I am lucky and don't always lose power in storms, but this one is predicted to be huge so it is likely. I don't have time to pre-schedule posts this week, so if the power is out, I'll be out of service for a while. 

I do still get excited about a blizzard. I've seem some rough times with them having grown up on the coast in MA, but I think the excitement gets in the blood of kids who grow up here and get 3 weeks off from school for a good old-fashioned Nor-easter (blizzard of '78. THREE weeks off. We were the happiest kids in the world).  My kids are feeling that same excitement now. My dad, who has lived here for 74 years, disagrees, so I guess it doesn't get into everyone's blood....just the lucky ones :) 

Hurricanes? Pass. 
Blizzards? Bring it.

I hope all of you in the storm's path buckle down and stay safe and warm!




































Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 




Karena said...

Gorgeous images. Stay safe out there Stacy!!

xoxo
Karena
New Feature Frederique Chemin

Jenny said...

Gorgeous rooms, as always. I'll take the window seats in the stairway - a great perch to watch a blizzard unfold, right? ;-)

We're missing this one (thank goodness), but we lived in the Chicago area during the blizzards of '78-'79. I was a kid then, and still love the photos of the giant pile of snow in our little backyard. We had so much fun! We visited my childhood home this summer, and those memories came right back!
http://evolutionofstyleblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/does-it-make-me-stalker-if-i-show-up-at.html

Be safe! Three weeks off school?!? Holy crap!

Merlin said...

Purely selfish here...hope you'al don't lose power...I NEED my photo fix!! My sis in CT is "filling bath tubs" as I write this...ugh!! franki

Calypso In The Country said...

It's snowing hard in NJ right so I am taking the time to enjoy all this beautiful inspiration. Stay safe and lets hope we don't get those crazy accumulations they are predicting!
Shelley

Sandra Lee said...

I hope it's not as bad as they predict, stay safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad YOU are excited about a blizzard--better you than me! *I only like'm from the Dairy Queen!
Be safe, hope you don't lose power but the kiddos miss a little school!
Catherine

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

Stay warm and cozy! Lots of beautiful rooms to inspire while you're buckled down for the storm!!

xo.Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Shoot Stacy...it sounds so cold...keep warm and I hope you have internet...

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love browsing your pics because my eyes go to something that I've been subconsciously eyeing for a while. Today, it's lighting!

Stay safe up there! I've never been through a blizzard, but I've had my share of hurricanes. They aren't usually fun, but our neighbors from Louisiana cooked for our entire block when Ike came through for a full week. They had so much frozen Cajun food in their outdoor freezers. It really brought our entire neighborhood together, and it tasted amazing too.

Carrie said...

I hope you and your family are safe & warm, Stacy! I love a blizzard too--my daughter has been sleeping with a spoon under her pillow in hopes of a snow day, but alas Michigan is dry as a bone. Gorgeous rooms as always! Xoxo~Carie

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Stacy,

I hope that you made it through the storm in one piece. It certainly looked fierce in some areas.

I always find so many beautiful things when I visit here! Even though I do not always comment.

Have a great week.