Master Bedroom Update - No More Celling fan!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ok, don't judge anything except the new light - the rest is STILL in progress.  Mainly, the walls. They are getting picture frame moldings (if I can swing it) and paint, in all likelihood Cloud White.  Also, the euro shams are not staying, and I'm debating about the dark curtains in the back of the bed, which look SO MUCH better in real life, but maybe not perfect. 

My camera is broken, and I have a new one for Christmas coming soon. It's not the kind of thing I ask for as a gift usually, but I really, really need it. I can't wait to show you good images (I don't know why people rave about the iPhone camera - I think it is horrendous, proof below). Anyway, here it is for now. I adore the chandelier, and am SO glad I went with this one. THANK YOU all who gave me input - one of my readers changed my mind and I'm glad she did.  

I wish I photoshopped the pillows out here. Oh well, just look at the light:


I don't think I've ever shown you this view - the closet door will obviously go back to white, too:


And the star of the show:




Here I did try to erase the paint lines from all the sample colors on the walls - that's why the wall edges look blurry - I'm not so good  at Photoshop:




 I love how it is reflected in the mirror:




See out the window? New England in January. Bleck.

So do you like it? I hope so :)

About the light:

I originally was going to buy the Robert Abbey one, which I still love but if I ever buy it I will use it in the kitchen or dining room instead:

This is the one I bought, the Branch of Light Design from the Joshua Marshall Collection at We Got Lights (I think it's exclusive to them, and it comes in other sizes, here):


(One thing I know for SURE now that I have it in person- Swarovski crystals make a HUGE difference. They are much, MUCH prettier than normal ones. They are not cheap, and I don't have them anywhere else in the house, but I now know that if I can swing them in the future, I will pay extra for them.)


Horchow has a version of it too here:

And Overstock has a small version of it:


And another one here:



Thanks for reading!


 Favorite Sale Today:








Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 




FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful bedroom and the chandy is the star of the show....stunning!
Happy New Year pretty girl!
FABBY

Unknown said...

Love the light! Where did you get your bed and is it sturdy? I have been on a hunt for a four poster canopy bed that is chrome. Thanks!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

It looks great! I'm so jealous you don't need a fan in your bedroom. We would literally melt in Texas without one, even in January. I love those sequin pillows, too!

CM Design Gallery said...

Stunning! I love it. Great choice..

Merlin said...

You have a WINNER!! It is just spectacular!! The reflection in the mirror...oh, isn't that fun!! franki

diane said...

Exquisite and so romantic!

Stacy CUrran said...

Jill: The bed is awesome - I can’t believe the quality for the price. It was from Overstock and is the Inspire Q brand, which I am a big fan of. Unfortunately, this particular one is sold out, but they have a gray one in Queen here: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/INSPIRE-Q-Solivita-Canopy-Button-Tufted-Metal-Poster-Bed/9378476/product.html?refccid=K5OIVVJ7AN7KHEKPS26PCN5QNU&searchidx=20

Joanne said...

It's coming together nicely. I know it's hard to make so many decisions. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the curtains on the bed do nothing for your gorgeous canopy bed. And, with beautifully, curtained windows on either side, it is just too much. Love your chandelier!

Stacy CUrran said...

^Joanne, I can totally see from the photos why you'd say that, and I agree. But it really does look SO much different in real life. The room is huge - 24x24 - and it needs a lot of fabric and furniture or it looks like an empty garage. Personally, I don't love canopy beds without some canopies (why else would you buy a canopy bed?), but that's just my opinion :)
Thanks!
Stacy

Karen T. said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! I love it! (Does it bother you that from some vantage points the canopy frame appears to obstruct the view of the chandelier?). Your room is coming together beautifully.

Stacy CUrran said...

Thanks Karen! It hadn't, but now it will!! HAHA just kidding - it doesn't really bother me...I like the layered look :)
Stacy

Joanne said...

Oh, you're so lucky to have a big room. Yes, you would need a lot of upholstered pieces to warm up your master. Then, can I suggest a lighter color for the canopy fabric or even a sheer. You're absolutely right! Why buy a canopy bed if not for the lovely draped fabric. It's looking lovely, Stacy.

Fiona Christine said...

Looking good Stacy! It's going to be easier to make decisions once you get the room painted.
regards,
Fiona

Sandra Lee said...

Love it!!! That light is gorgeous and I could hibernate in this room for a long time.

Pura Vida said...

It's so glamorous. Loving everything about your room

Miathewindowcleaner said...

I love the way your bedroom looks. The chandelier goes great with the rest of the interior and it truly reflects amazing on the mirror. I was about to say I loved your bed and the curtains as well, but I think I'm in love with the whole room. Good job!