Reminiscing (and Looking For a Bit of Advice)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

First, a big congrats to Frankie who won the Layla Grayce gift card. I'm SO happy when a long time follower and commenter wins!!! Please let us know what you buy :)

 So today, I'm busy planning a trip to Disney this winter. We are taking the kids (ages 8 and 13) and have only been a couple of times before, when they were very little. This will likely be our last trip there, and I want to make it perfect. I have friends who are Disney FANATICS and have given us a lot of advice, but I'm always open for more. Any thoughts are more than welcome!! Here are our "musts" so far: Magic Kingdom, Breakfast in the Castle, Epcot, Universal (Harry Potter rides), and Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM?) for the Jedi Training, etc.  Any other ideas? Places to stay, restaurants?

I know this is a design blog, but I couldn't help show you my babies the last time we went, at Halloween several years ago.

Tea cup ride:

The Pooh Bear ride that Bobby insisted he was too old for, and complained about in line for 1/2 an hour:

Looks like he's kind of diggin' it anyway:

Disney Quest

Leaving our hotel


My Princess. (EVERYONE at Disney calls the girls "Princess." By the time we left for home, Ellie thought her new name was Princess.)

Hoop De Do Review


Seaworld



My princess, again. Age 3


Wow, what nice memories for me. I wish I could have them back at that age just for one day, even though I love them to pieces now, too. You know what I mean, I'm sure :)

TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST - CLICK HERE

_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"Genius! Why Didn't I Think of This?"

_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 


Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Cynthia said...

What great pictures!! We haven't been to Disney in a long time. Hope you have a great trip and it is a perfect age for the kids!!

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Highly Recommend Disney Studios, Toy Story Mania is well worth the wait and a meal at the Dine-in Theater is fun for all.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I am a huge Disney fanatic! I use disboards.net (or.com?) when I plan my trips. There's a forum for resorts, restaurants, and tips.

My best tip is to get there when the park opens and ride the must do rides that are the busiest and then get fastpasses every time your ticket allows for your second choice rides. We are usually done with the park by lunch no matter how crowded it is.

I always have to do a character breakfast. My favorites are Chef Mickey's and the Polynesian's.

You're going to have so much fun!

Carrie said...

I have no advice, but your pictures are precious! I think my kids were just about the same ages as yours were when we went to Disney and I wish I could make them that little again, too. :)

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

No apology necessary for these sweet pics! Would love to see some from the trip coming up, too. (You think time goes fast now, our daughter is 32 and I have NO idea where that time went!)

Have a ball in CA.

Warm regards,

Kay

LJ said...

Aw so sweet, I love Disneyland and the memories I have when my son was younger. Like the new look of your blog too! I might be a little behind on noticing that, looks great. :) Sharon

Merlin said...

Dreams "really do" come true! franki