My Bitter Sweet 43rd Birthday Yesterday

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yesterday was my birthday. My husband and children went all out and made me feel so special and blessed. However, I wasn't mentally prepared for the fact that my mother, who has Alzheimer's, wouldn't know it was my birthday for the first time in my life.  Of course I knew she wouldn't remember, but I didn't know how sad it would make me to go through the day without a call from her for the first time ever.  I don't mean to be selfish – she is the one who is suffering after all. But it made me realize how nothing in my life has prepared me for this terrible disease and what is coming soon with it.  So after all of that, what I would ask you all is that you visit my charity blog, if you haven't already.  It's in honor of my mom, and all of the profits will go to Alzheimer's research foundations.  It would mean the world to me if you might pop over for a moment to Mary Jane's Makeup and follow if you like it. And I promise not to mention it too often over here – I know you are primarily here to see gorgeous rooms, and that's what I want to keep this blog about!

Ok, onto cheerier things - 30 rooms from my crazy Pinterest Boards that I am loving today!

































_________________________________________________________

And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"Get Dewy Fresh Cheeks With Products You Already Have"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment _________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a _______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 

Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Unknown said...

Happy 43rd sweet Stacy - I'm following your other blog - your Mom is a Beautiful lady.........
Much love,
SUzan

Karena said...

Happiest of Birthdays Stacy! You get to keep celebrating,

Fab rooms as always! Pinning!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy birthday Stacy, even if your mom didn't remember and I do understand you feeling sad for it, but really, the family is the one that suffers, your dear mom doesn't know what's going on. I do feel sorry for you all. Keep strong. Beautiful images as always. I'm going over to your other blog now.
FABBY

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Stacy. You know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and feel so sad that you have to go through this. I am here.

Cynthia

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so happy to hear your family made it extra special for you, especially with everything going on with your mom. You deserve every bit of it!

Merlin said...

I could have written this verbatim...except for the 43 part... Your room images are XquiSITE!!! franki

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Stacy!
--I know the path you're on--personally. It's difficult, and painful, but know that your mom iS deep in there~and she knows it's your bday and loves you vERy much.
Catherine

Katherines Corner said...

Happy belated birthday wishes. I hope you get your birthday wish, Hugs all around.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! My sister-in-law has Alzheimers and I know what you're going through. Just keep loving her. xo Jenny

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...if I were there I would give you a big hug! Its so hard to watch a loved one go through this and to realize that there not there any more....but I'm glad you had a great birthday...but I do know it was bitter sweet!

Unknown said...

My Sweet birthday wishes for you...