More Delusions of Grandeur...

Saturday, May 4, 2013

What a stunner - this country house by Gil Shafer is one of my favorites I've seen in a while. Although not my normal style, I fell in love with the architecture and setting. What do you think - do you love it like I do?









    Images

 I got curious about this architect, Gil Shafer, and found another amazing house that he did in Nashville.  He started with this:


And turned it into THIS:









Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment _________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"Genius! Why Didn't I Think of This?"

_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Beesmama said...

WOW! Not really my style, but absolutely love the kitchen and bathroom. Love your blog-I am a long time reader, also from the Boston area:)

Calypso In The Country said...

That exterior and setting are absolutely breathtaking! I love the kitchen and foyer.
-Shelley

Katherine said...

This is my style {at least what I'd like to purchase}. The stone finish, the millwork - all beautiful.

The enchanted home said...

That first house has always captivated me too...the vistas alone are just beyond. I could pitch a tent and be happy if THAT was my view...truly breathtaking. And obviously Gil is one talented dude.

Enjoy your weekend Stacy!

sparklegem said...

What a gorgeous house! I love that bathroom.

Merlin said...

Put me in the "love" column!! franki

Anonymous said...

That first house of his is one of my absolute favs and I could just walk right in and make it my home with no changes whatsoever. Love it and so glad I purchase his book. His work is fantastic.

Anne said...

The outside is as gorgeous as the inside!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Is it wrong to say I love the last pic (the mudroom) the most? I mean it in a good way! What a gorgeous space for a functional part of the houseold where, frankly, Moms spend a lot of time putting on shoes, emptying backpacks, etc. That would brighten those daily tasks a lot with that beautiful skylight! :) Have a great weekend Stacy. It's a gorgeous sunny day here in Seattle so we'll be out enjoying it! :)

Unknown said...

That first house is incredible, I wonder where its located, looks like the northeast, I love stone houses and though its new it looks like its there for a long time.

Katherines Corner said...

wow! gorgeous xo

Danielle said...

Very, very nice. x

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Love it! I have to look back at the interior because I was too distracted by the views!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Wow! This house is definitely my style. Thanks for sharing, I cannot wait to find more houses by Gil!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Gorgeous, stunning home and the views are beyond spectacular!...