Rooms I Love for Fall, Fall Recipes, and More

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ok, they don't *all* remind me of fall, but most of them do. We've had 90 degrees and humidity here recently, and now down pouring rain, so it doesn't quite feel like fall yet. The local Oktoberfest is this weekend, and I love going, but the thing I hate is that every year I get all excited to wear my boots and scarves and then I broil up like a hot potato at the festival. This year shorts and a t-shirt (I always say that). For some reason, we actually have four weekends of fall festivals right here in my town - all at the fair grounds and all with german food, rides, arts and crafts, etc. It really is one of my favorite parties of the year - a good excuse for drinking beer outside :)

large open floor plan design for neutral living room

traditional living room with rustic elements

traditional living room with rustic elements

luxe modern or transitional living room design

modern or transitional bright green lacquer bedroom design

beautiful traditional white gold neutral living room design

beautiful traditional white neutral dining room design

beautiful traditional white gold neutral foyer design

elegant black white and gray marble foyer design

traditional living room vignette with rustic elements

large open floor plan family room rustic kitchen

modern dining room

black and white modern living room abstract art

beautiful traditional neutral master bedroom

brown and white modern chevron tile bathroom

traditional living room vignette with rustic elements

traditional hallway foyer design

traditional bookcase styling in blue

large open floor plan design modern neutral living room

rustic and colorful foyer design

traditional neutral living room design

beautiful traditional neutral master bedroom

taupe beige painted kitchen cabinets

gorgeous modern living room

traditional formal dining room

traditional formal dining room elle decor

traditional formal living room green lacquer walls

traditional living room with rustic elements

traditional living room vignette

large open floor plan design modern neutral bedroom

Have I ever posted a recipe before? I don't think so! But this one from Averie Cooks looks so good, so I wanted to share it. The original post and recipe are HERE:



And here is one that I make all the time in the crockpot that is soooo good. One of my kids is the pickiest eater ever, and so to see him get excited about something I make is totally worth it. If I could start over with kids, one thing I would definitely do is never give them "kid food" - I wish I had done filet, pot roast, roasted salmon, etc. every night. My 14 year old would gladly eat chicken fingers and french fries every day still, and it's my fault. Oh well, I guess there are worse mistakes to make. Anyway, here is one even he loves:

6 hours in the crockpot:
The meat from 2 rotisserie chickens
2 large boxes chicken stock
2 Pillsbury crescent rolls (or lowfat) broken into bits
Frozen peas if desired
Salt to taste

Variations:
1. Use the whole chicken (without skin for us) so it makes stock, let it cool, pick bones out and skin fat, return to pot for the rest of the recipe. I've done this and don't think it's worth it, but to each their own!
2. The rolls thicken the soup up to a stew or almost to a casserole if you leave it in the pot long enough (do try to break them up a bit during the day). Sometimes I add the last canister of Pillsbury dough one hour before serving to make dumplings - just roll them into 1" balls and let them cook 1 hour - not more or they will break apart.

Very very easy and soooo good on a chilly fall night!

OK has great bedroom, dining room, and living room furniture right now:


View My Other Hand Picked Daily Deals:
  


The very best:
Official Elite Serum Website


Subscribe by Email:
Enter your email address:





 **Please scroll up and see my SIDEBAR for my sources --->>* 
(If you are viewing in email, click here)
The enchanted home said...

What a bevy of beautiful rooms..so many gorgeous spaces that I haven't seen which is always fun! Hope you are well...

Merlin said...

OH, those black doors and black mullions and...you're killing me..I LUV them!!! Oh, well, I'll just eat pumpkin roll and chicken - yum! franki

Kristy Woodson Harvey said...

Hi Stacy! 1. YUM! 2. It cracks me up because I work for a bit at Starbucks every morning and the minute Labor Day hits it's still 90 degrees and everyone piles in in their boots and scarves! I'm usually joining them, but, this year, I decided to wear my summer clothes until it actually got cool. You should see the looks I get! I think we're finally going to have a Fall weekend this weekend, which is perfect because we're going to a football game! Thanks for sharing the loveliness as always!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

If I ate gluten I would make that recipe immediately...it sounds like comfort food...yum

Sandra Lee said...

How cool would it be to tour these homes? Especially if they were serving the pumpkin bread!