My Home Office Reveal!

Thursday, June 6, 2013



FINALLY, I have my office to show you. You may remember that this used to be a (largely) unused living room with four chairs in a circle. I liked the way it looked, but like I said, we didn't use it much. Also, my 3 feet of office space at my kitchen desk wasn't cutting it, and I really needed more room. So, after considering it for years, I finally changed the living room into an office.

I started with this rug, ordered a desk, painted the ceiling black, and ordered the daybed.  I had the two pink benches (the fabric here is just draped over them - once they are sewn it will be really finished). The daybed just came in this weekend, so I thought I'd show you the pretty-much-finished room.

Looking in from the kitchen:



Looking in from the front door:


And from the desk chair (that black table in the kitchen was just there for a moment and is now in the pile of stuff to sell):





So, now I just need to save up for a laptop and I'll actually be able to USE the new office :)

UPDATE: Here are the answers to where I bought products:
Chandelier: (Click to view)




 Louis Ghost Chair - AllModern
Desk - Overstock
Rug is linked in text
Daybed - Williams Sonoma Home
Mirrors and pillows - Home Goods





Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 


 

The enchanted home said...

Holy smokes! That is ONE glamorous office, I am super jealous (and inspired) in a great way:) That is one of my big goals, to make a beautiful office, I have a small little nook in my master but I have long outgrown it, totally busting at the seams!
You must LOVE your new office and be so inspired. What a gorgeous space to be productive. LOVE it Stacy!!

Anonymous said...

As always- gorgeous. Love both your blogs- been following for over a year - well done so enjoying the regular updates! Your home is STUNNING! Tanya, South Africa

Sadie + Stella said...

How gorg glam is this?!!?!? I am dying!!

Calypso In The Country said...

Absolutely gorgeous! That room is so glamorous and sophisticated! I noticed you have built ins and I have a question. Is the chandelier centered between the windows or is it moved over more because the built ins bring the center of the room in? I have been debated between built ins and a free standing bookshelf and my electrician mentioned something about needed to shift the ceiling light fixture over if I had built ins. Thanks - I hope that doesn't sound too confusing!
-Shelley

Robyn said...

Beautiful room, Stacy! You will feel like those Million Dollar Decorators while you work. Love the pink contrast and beautiful daybed.

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

so chic! love the pops of pink and that ceiling is amazing!! xo Kristin

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...great idea...it looks beautiful! I'm so jealous...you should see my office...holy cow...its a mess! The biggest problem is storage....

Creative Raisins said...

I am in love with this space, painting the roof black was a fantastic choice and that chandelier is spectacular. I love it all.

Lisa

Creative Raisins

Cynthia said...

What a gorgeous office space, loving that chandelier!!! The built-ins are also so pretty.

Cynthia

Kathysue said...

Stacy,
It looks amazing!! I recently have been thinking about using my living room as an office and yours gives me so much inspiration!! We sit in there to visit or to read or talk on the phone so it could be used as an office/sitting area.
Love the ceiling treatment and the chandelier in your office, stunning. Great job as always.
Now I am going to go back to finding a ship for the family room, wish me luck,
xo Kathysue

perfect4uboutique said...

So beautiful! what a great use of space! Can you tell me where the daybed and pillows are from or who makes them? Love your blogs!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

IT looks amazing! I am sure that beautifully designed rooms will be coming out of this room!

I love that you took a traditional space and decided to make it function for you.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I would love to work in that office. Amazing job!

Merlin said...

This is a phoenix for sure...it is gorgeous! franki

Unknown said...

Well done Stacy! I love the black ceiling, very gutsy and glamourous!

diane said...

Brilliant use of an often unused formal living area and love the ghost chair!

Unknown said...

Your office is incredible. I would love to have a space like that but right now my kitchen counter must suffice until we are done with our renovation.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Dying over the daybed - where did you find it?

Danielle said...

Stacy, it looks fantastic! I love the black ceiling and chandelier. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays!

paper shredder said...

Stacy, your home office looks really good and sophisticated. Having a very good looking and clean home office could inspire us and perform will at work. ;) your office really looks really elegant.

Molly S. said...

I so love your home office! Its incredibly beautiful! I cant believe it all started from that one rug and you just added that couch and office desk and accessories and made it so stunning! Fantastic job, girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

Glamorous office is right. So beautiful and comfortable. Nice to have office close to the front door if you have clients visiting. Love, love, love.

~Monique

Amber Rosenzweig said...

This is so beautiful, and really impressive. I have a plan to arrange my home officespace like this too.

Niamh Myers said...

What a resourceful way of changing your living room into an office. Hope you still have some place where you can spend quality, more enjoyable time with your family or friends. Thanks for this post.

Monnaie said...

Congrats for the color selection and decoration, I love it!

Painting my Office said...

Great post! been reading a lot about redoing my office. Thanks for the info here!