Tween Girls' Bedroom Reveal in Pink, Blue, and Floral With Built in Bed and Painted Desk (And Source List)

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

After months and months of teasers, here it finally is. Sorry it took so long. Part of that was due to the fact that I couldn't get good images with my old camera. I'll list sources at the end:

The bed was a custom built in. It was built around the existing trundle that we had from Bobby's room. So, that bottom piece is the frame of the trundle bed, and it pulls out for sleepovers:



This ones shows the ceiling light:


There is a pink pillow for the chair, but it mysteriously disappeared:


These are the framed scarves that I made into art:


The monogram is from Etsy and is linked below.



I can't even tell you how much I love this fabric. It makes me happy whenever I see it.


I'm not thrilled with the shadows the light casts, and I'll probably change it at some point. I'll probably also paint inside the bed area in a different color:



The other side (boring):


And the "OK Mommy I finished all the cleaning! My room is ready for your blog" side of the room:


I do like the thin bookcase behind the door. There is also chalkboard paint on the back of the door where her friends write their phone numbers :)

A final look:


Sources:

Paint: BM Overlook Blue
Rug: Surya custom cut (bought 8x10 and asked them to cut it to 8x8) (here)
Bed: Custom built in
Fabric for bed panels: Braemore Petal (here)
Desk: Salvaged and painted, new hardware from Lowes
Monogram: Etsy (here)
Art: Scarves (here) cut and framed in frames from Home Goods
Fretwork / Faux Bamboo Chair: here spray painted blue
Chandelier: (here) painted blue and green
Small Round Table: Home Goods, painted blue and green
Ghost Chair: here
Bookcase: Custom size through local unfinished wood store
Lamps: here
Dresser: here
Window Treatments: Custom
Bedding and Pillows: Home Goods
Mirror: Home Goods
Painted Globes: similar here, post here
Flower Ceiling Fixture: Lowes (here)


(See, I really do use One Kings Lane a lot!)

___________________________________

Quick Correction:

Yesterday I made a grammatical/sentence structure error where a line about my bedroom read "A quick shot to show you the mirror for my bedroom.  I can't wait to have it painted."

I meant have the bedroom painted, not the mirror, and worded it so badly. Totally my fault, and confusing for readers who emailed and told me I am crazy.  I'm so glad my readers call me out when they think I'm crazy!


THIS is the image of the mirror from the manufacturer:



Favorite Sales:



Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 



Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

this bedroom is so sweet! I love the pops of color - turned out beautifuly!!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Karena said...

Stacy what a darling bedroom, you should see the art I am featuring, some of it would be perfect for this room!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Katherine said...

What's not to love. Especially for little girls they love the idea of a tented area to tuck in under. The fabric is great.
And Mom - the room is really tidy.

Merlin said...

What a beautiful room...NICE JOB!!! franki

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love, love, love the room! I know that she loves it too.
Teresa
xoxo

Valerie said...

Can I move in to that room?! Absolutely love everything about it! Really love how she cleaned up! :) The chalkboard door is genius!

Christina Rodriguez said...

The colors are so pretty! I love the way you did the bed. I am going to have to steal this idea for my girls' room. They share and don't always get along (of course!) and I know at least one of them would love to close the curtains on the other! lol

The enchanted home said...

Wow you outdid yourself...I LOVE IT! Lucky girl....is it hard getting her to go to school? LOl....fabulous job Stacy!

Deborah said...

The room is just adorable, I'm sure your daughter is thrilled. I absolutely love the fabric you chose for the drapes. I think you are right about painting the back wall of the bed, my choice would be the green.