House Updates and Projects I Love (Colorful Painted Globes, Framed Fabric Art)

Monday, February 2, 2015

My foyer just got painted - here are a few quick photos and then I'll tell you my plans for decorating:
(And a DIY that I love to follow)




I did Cloud White like I always do - my go-to white.

And a few at night:





You can see that the table is back on the landing. Above it, I am going to do something really colorful, either framed scarves or framed fabric. Here are some fabric samples that I'm considering:


The goal is to make it bright cheery like the framed scarves in Ellie' room:


And some other favorite inspiration rooms, all of which show framed silk scarves (Hermes and others):






 And a quick shot to show you the mirror that just got delivered for the bedroom. I wish I had the extra money right now to have the room painted. It's literally the last step, but the quotes were a lot. I might do it myself. But in any event, as soon as that is finished I'll do the whole room reveal with colors and sources:



Next, a DIY that I just finished. I mentioned these hand painted globes once before, and showed you one I was working on. I ended up scrapping that one and did these instead because Ellie said she wanted smaller ones. So I bought the globes at Home Goods and used acrylic paints form Michael's, a gold paint pen, and clear gloss spray to finish them. I need to spray the bases gold and I'll be done. But since they are 95% done here, I thought I'd show you: 



 The first one is meant to be sort of accurate, and the smaller one is just flowers and sayings I like for her ("Though she be but little, she is fierce" and "He offered her the world but she said she already had her own.")



 Ellie loves them more than I expected her to, so I'm really glad I did them. 
Aren't they cute? 



Finally, one  shot I just took of Ellie being sweet :)
She spent this snow day "crimping" her hair with her friend (hello 80's) - see it on the left?



 That's all.....see you tomorrow with Ellie's bedroom reveal (finally)!




See what's new:






Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 





Unknown said...

Stacy,
The mirror is super cool and I love your house and all your creativity but I smiled when I saw the photo of your daughter smelling the flowers!
Can't wait to see the big reveal.
Stay warm.
Christine

Unknown said...

Stacy,
The mirror is super cool and I love your house and all your creativity but I smiled when I saw the photo of your daughter smelling the flowers!
Can't wait to see the big reveal.
Stay warm.
Christine

Unknown said...

Stacy,
The mirror is super cool and I love your house and all your creativity but I smiled when I saw the photo of your daughter smelling the flowers!
Can't wait to see the big reveal.
Stay warm.
Christine

Katherine said...

Stacy,

The foyer/stairwell looks wonderful - great millwork.
Live with the mirror and frame colour for a bit. It really is nice and maybe with it being a standout piece you will find it appears more elegant than if you paint it out. Painting may make it simple and not special.

Merlin said...

You are rocking it!! I just LUV your "caged" chandelier...and the scarves...OMG...the depth of the color...amazing!! And, the globes...Ellie is one lucky daughter!! franki p.s. The mirror...WHAT A BUY!!

Kathy Kwiatkowski said...

Love what you have done so far. When you are painting your mirror you could do a raw umber underneath and get gold leaf sheets and then brush them on. It is messy but looks good. Let the base coat dry first.
Try on some small pics of wood or trim first.
Love your little girls room. Lastly I love your blog!
< a >

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Pretty Stacy, I'm smitten with that huge mirror specially, it's stunning!
Thanks for sharing such beauty every time with us.
Have a great week.
FABBY

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Everything looks so good! The white foyer with the woodwork, the bedrooms, everything. I can't wait to see your bedroom finished!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love all your wainscoting and all the white! I want to paint every wall in my house white! The Fabrics are really pretty and cheerful..great choices!

Karena said...

Stacy I love the globe lighting!! Your daughter is so precious, love that you are encouraging her to stop and smell the flowers!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Fiona C said...

Everything looking good, Stacy! I am tossing up what white to use in my living room and the adjoining sunroom. You should def. try DIY painting.

Sandra Lee said...

Beautiful home and I would love to have that mirror!