Gold and Silver - Please Don't Make Me Choose! (And A Result in My Lighting Poll From Yesterday)

Monday, December 1, 2014

As I'm sure you all know, Pinterest is down on Cyber Monday. What a shame. I feel badly for them for all the lost revenue.  It will be interesting to see what happened - my guess is too many people and the servers crashed.

So, you know how I put the link at the bottom of all my posts that says "Comment by Email?" Well, I messed it up and forgot that I have to change the code every day to make it work. So while it allows people to comment, those comments are all going to an old post. So lots of comments (about 50) on helping me pick the best bedroom light yesterday, and other recent posts, were all published to the wrong post (an older one). I'm so sorry. That's what I get for messing with my html code!! But please know that even though you don't see your comment on yesterday's post, I DID receive it.

The result of the bedroom light poll was #3, by a mile (the Robert Abbey Bling).  That was my gut, and was the one my husband picked without knowing anything about price (c'mon, I wasn't born yesterday - of course I showed him without prices so he wouldn't be biased against it).  So, that's the one we are eventually going with - it won't be today, but depending on how the year-end finances work out, maybe soon :) Thank you all SO much for your input!!


I did realize from some of your comments that I really need to show you more of the room for you to have a truly informed opinion about the light choice, which I will do soon, on the first sunny day. Today it was just too dark to take pictures. I'm living in the room every day and of course seeing all of it, so it is easy for me to picture every corner, and I think that made me forget that I haven't shown you guys everything. So some people commented and said that gold doesn't fit in the room, etc., but in fact, I have a lot of gold in there. I do agree that I would not put a gold chandelier if I didn't have any other gold, but I do.  Some of you are probably not fans of mixing gold and silver, and to that I would say then of course don't do it. You know how much of a believer I am in the fact that everyone should do what they like, regardless of rules. 

But really I do love the two metals mixed together. Here are photos I gathered last night to show you why I always have and always will mix the two (I'm not a fan of rose gold, though, and never use it). Honestly, making me pick between the two would be a version of Sophie's Choice for me - I couldn't do it.  

























Images






 


Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 




CM Design Gallery said...

I was wondering what was going on with pinterest today..Thank you..

I love to mix metals..and have no problem doing so in my house on in fashion. I actually went out today with a chunky pearl/gold necklace and a silver color headband..;-)

Tell your husband that he actually has great taste in decorating. He picked the winner..

I can't wait to see your bedroom complete..

As always, thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful evening! Marie

Tery H said...

Thank you so much for this post! I just had a discussion about mixing silver and gold. I prefer silver jewelry and most of my interior hardware is chrome. Whenever I want to mix in a gold or black fixture I get "But you LOVE silver...you can't have both." Thanks to you I have support and beautiful examples to back me up. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
I love mixing gold and silver and it never gets tired in my eyes. I could never love one more than the other!
Christine

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love mixing gold and silver...it works!

Karen T. said...

Like I commented yesterday, one can mix metals. And, your beautiful photos prove it! Except, I also do not care at all for rose gold. Great post!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm new subscriber to your blog and simply love it. Looking forward for the next one.
Love the mix of silver and gold. Looks super chic. I have silver hair and wear gold jewelry and it looks great.
Thank you for sharing your ideas.
Bonne journée!

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

I love mixing metals, just a chic way to be eclectic!!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Fiona Christine said...

Hi Stacy,

You can't go wrong mixing gold and silver. Mirrors themselves are large silvered surfaces and all colors and patinas will work equally well as frames.

I have mostly warm colored metal accents in my home, but I mix my jewelry all the time.

By the way, the new rug is so much better (only because it doesn't compete with the star of the room - that stunning bed). Everything looks gorgeous.

Stacy CUrran said...

Thank you so much Fiona- means so much coming from you. You have the best taste!
Stacy

Sandra Lee said...

I'm a huge fan of mixed metals, these are gorgeous. How do you find the time to share these round ups everyday? Thanks for your dedication.

Merlin said...

Both...as long as both are burnished. franki