Rest in Peace, My Beautiful Mother

Tuesday, June 17, 2014


My sister Colby and I are so sad to let our friends and family know that our beautiful mother Mary Jane passed away this morning. As many of you know, she suffered from Alzheimer's disease for the last several years. She died in her sleep this morning with Colby, my father, and me at her bedside. In a final act of love and tenderness reminiscent of how she lived her life, she responded to a kiss from my father by trying to kiss him back. I speak for all three of us when I say that my mother was the kindest and most beautiful woman we have ever known, and we will keep her in our hearts forever. 

We would like to thank all of our friends and family for the love, prayers, and support that you have shown us throughout her disease, and most especially over the last couple of days. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives.

Many of you will receive an email message from my father, but for those who don't, we expect to hold visiting hours on Friday, June 27 in the late afternoon at the John Lawrence funeral home in Marstons Mills on the Cape. There will also be a private celebration of her life to follow this summer.

Mom and me, 1970




Unknown said...

My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your beautiful mother.

Sheila said...

So sorry for your loss. My mother passed away in March of this year so I know how hard this must be for you and your family. My prayers are with you.

The enchanted home said...

Oh Stacy, I got chills when i saw your title...I am SO sorry. I will say a prayer for you and your family for God to bless you during this most difficult time. Your beautiful mother will rest in peace and not suffer any more, sending you a big hug.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless you and all your family at this very difficult time. My heart aches for you. Hold strong to your precious memories.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful sweet Stacy, just like you and it's no wonder! She is finally resting with the Lord where she is not sick, not forgetting anything or anyone and she's beautiful again, with all the love for her family.
My condolences to you, your dad and sister.
FABBY

Anonymous said...

I am sincerely sorry for your great loss. May God comfort the three of you during this very very difficult time. It is obvious that your outside and inside beauty comes from your beautiful mother. What a treasure that last kiss will be. Our grandpa suffered 16 years w/Alheimers and forgot nearly everything except that he loved Grandma..his last words. We lost our mom in Sept. so we know it rips your heart out. Again, so sorry. Pamela

Home change Home said...

I am sorry for you and all of yours family and friends of your loved mother...
A big hug

Splenderosa said...

Stacy, there are no words of solace which will actually comfort you and your family at this time, but please know you will be in my prayers and thoughts. If I were closer I would attend your visitation. Alzheimer's is the cruelest of all maladies. I so sympathize with you. Sending love...

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

So sorry for your loss. I will continue too pray for you and your family during this difficult time. I know that you will cherish the sweet memories of your beautiful mother. I am so glad that you were able to spend time with her during these last few days.

Kate Abt said...

Stacey I am so deeply sorry to hear of your dear mothers passing. I know how hard the past few years have been for you all but know she is at peace now and will always be looking down at you. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Merlin said...


"No, your mother is not gone. As long as you hold memories in your heart she lives on. She's gone one step before, So she can stand beside Jesus and meet you at Heaven's door. She is happier now than she's ever been in this perfect place without hurt or sin." This was recited at a recent funeral. Take some time with this, Stacy...our positive thoughts go to you and yours. franki

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Rest in peace beautiful lady. My heart is so sad for you all. Blessings and prayers.
Kay

Jenny said...

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful mother. She sounds like quite a woman. Prayers to all of you - wishing you strength and support in the days (weeks, months, years) ahead.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh Stacy...I am so very sorry for your incredible loss...I know that she will be in your heart forever and also by your side...I can see how you two look so much alike...as you said, she was a beautiful woman on the inside and out....My sincerest sympathies to you and your family in this most undeniably difficult time...My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family...Again, I am so very, very sorry!

RicMil said...

May her memory be eternal, Stacy. Her kind nature and beauty live on in you.

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

May you find peace and comfort soon.

Tery H said...

Oh Stacy!
I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how you and your family must feel. From your many posts I know your mother was a special woman and much loved. I hope there is some comfort in knowing she is at peace.

Again, I am sorry and will keep you in my thoughts.

Tery

Sally said...

Dear Stacey
I am so sorry to read of your very sad loss. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I send you my sincere condolences
love Sally

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm slowly watching my mother disappear with Alzheimer's. Try to find some happiness knowing she is happy and healthy again in heaven.

Laura Roe said...

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know she is whole and healthy now in Heaven. She has obviously been a blessing and a much loved mama and she has been blessed, as well, to have such a loving family. Prayers headed your way for peace and comfort for you and yours. Laura Roe

KL said...

My most sincere condolences to you and your family at this time. You are in my prayers.

KL said...

My most sincere condolences to you and your family at this time. You are in my prayers.

KL said...

My most sincere condolences to you and your family at this time. You are in my prayers.

Deserae said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet mother. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
~Des

Cynthia said...

Oh Stacy I am so very sorry. I am thinking of you and saying prayers for you and your family. I know how close you were with your mom and she will be looking over you forever. Take time for yourself and family.

Cynthia

Debbie said...

Your Mom sounded like a wonderful human being! Moms are so special and I am sure she will remain a light in your life. I didn't know her yet I can feel your loss, prayers to you and your family and enjoy celebrating her life!

designchic said...

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful lady. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Stacy…

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I was so sad to just see your post title--we all prayed for you to have more time.
I hope your family finds comfort in knowing she's happy and healthy once again with God, and now an angel watching over all of you.
Catherine

Denise said...

Your mom certainly was a beautiful lady… so sad.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved mother. I have followed along in your posts on this as well as your other blog as you have brought your story and awareness to this terrible disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and your father.

2livehappy.com said...

So sorry for the loss of you mother. Prayers are with you and your family. I just found your blog today, happy I discovered your blog but sad under the circumstances.

Eliza Beth said...

Stacy,
I'm so sorry your beloved and loving Mother died.
My heart goes out to you and your family.
((hugs))

'LUSH' said...

I am so very sorry. Praying for you.

Rooms by Ann said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers goes out to you and your family.

for the love of a house said...

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
joan

Robyn said...

Dear Stacy,
I am so sorry for your loss. I have loved reading about your beautiful relationship with your mother and your writings have truly been a tribute to her. I have also been touched by the love between your parents. That is so rare these days and I thank you for sharing that.
My prayers will be with you and your family, Stacy. Big hugs to you!

Paula Hood said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your love for your mom has been obvious and she is so lucky to have such a loving daughter. I am sure she knew how much you loved her and how much she meant to you all. Cherish the times you shared and remember them with love xx

Sandra Lee said...

Such a beautiful picture of her holding you.

Carollynn @ www.designGumbo.net said...

I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss. I know that living with Alzheimer's is a tough road, for both the patient and their families. My mother died from Alzheimer's after 11 long years battling to live a normal life. My sainted father thought caring for her was his sacred duty. I know what you have gone through as this horrid disease spreads it's destruction through not only the patients life, but family and friends as well. It is now time for you and your family to begin the process of healing. Your mother is now at peace, and some day, you wil be too. Much love and good thoughts your way,
Carollynn

Marian said...

So sorry for your loss. She was indeed beautiful, you look like her. Prayers for comfort during this sad time.

Carla G said...

Dear Stacy,
Condolences to you and your family over the loss of your mother. Even though we know they are no longer suffering and are at peace, it is hard to give them up. I lost my dad on Jan. 29 after a long battle with Parkinson's. It's so sad to see their bodies and minds go slowly with these terrible diseases. Hugs and prayers, Carla

Stacy CUrran said...

You are all so kind, and I treasure you all. The outpouring of love and support has been phenomenal, and has meant so much to my family and me. I tried to respond to each of you individually, but some have no reply blogger accounts, so I am thanking you here. THANK YOU!
Stacy

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Stacy!!!

It's been a long time since I've left you a comment. We have a new addition to the family in the way of a puppy. He's keeping me very busy!!!

I'm so sorry to read about your mom. At our age we start to see those we love(aunts, uncles, parents)pass away.

I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and your family.

Pam
xox