40 Inspirational Rooms in Regal Purple Tones and a Reveal

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I recently ran into this first image, which I had never seen before but instantly fell in love with.  Isn't it gorgeous!!??  I love the purple with the crystal and aged mirror:




A fabulous e-decorating client recently sent me this photo of her bedroom, still in progress, but getting there.  She's a big fan of purple so we used it in the bedding - isn't it coming out great? 




So I started thinking about purple some more, and found these rooms, below.  Some are new to me, some are long time favorites.  But all of them make me want to add some purple to my home.  That's what I love about having mostly white and black and gray - I can add color when the urge strikes :)





































What do you think?  Do you love purple too? Have you been bold enough to try it?


I also wanted to show you a few items that just went on Clearance in my store. 
Many of them are by Cyan Designs, one of my favorite brands, and are 60% off - really great prices.  

I'm actually sad to see many of these go on Clearance, because it means they will be gone soon, and some of them are my favorite items in the store.
You can see them all HERE














Thanks for reading!

My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
            
Ways to Subscribe:


Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW - who knew there were so many shades of purple?
Who knew it was such a sexy color?
Who knew ever in a million years that I would love purple this much ( because if you'd asked me I would have definitely said NO )
Beautiful post Stacy!
Hugs,
Suzan

Pura Vida said...

oh how I adore purple

Tatiana Doria said...

Purple is such a rich color that I like it in slashes here and there.
Great pictures. Very inspiring.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my gosh, NOW I want purple!! Gorgeous inspiration, and I can't wait to see how you include it in your beautiful home!

Katherine said...

With purple I always think 'velvet' and then add crystal, and silver. It is a romantic colour.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Shoot, I have never seen so many purple rooms. Your client must be very happy with her new room. It looks great Stacy. You did a wonderful job!

Cluny Grey said...

Beautiful purple rooms! I don't know why, but when I think of purple rooms or purple in a room, I always think "English", English salons, parlors, bedrooms. I think the English have utilized purple beautifully and much more than we have.
Hugs, Cluny

The enchanted home said...

Funny, I am not a big purple fan yet this post has made me a believer when its done right, it can really be fabulous!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love those purple Ikat chairs!!....Such great "regal purple rooms"...so wonderfully done that it makes you want a bit of purple!!

carolyn bradford said...

Loved this post….I've never used purple in my decor but I sure am sporting in on my toes right now! Purple with a Purpose! That's what it's name is!

Haus and Home said...

I think I can take it in small doses! I loved the purple door in the dining room! Come to think of it, I have a that same type door going into my formal dining room! I should paint it! :)