50 Favorites for Friday #92 (All Scandinavian Design)

Friday, August 30, 2013

First, a personal note. I am going to be taking about a week off from blogging. We are moving my mom into a nursing home next week. I know I've shared the information about her Alzheimer's on my other blog, but I'm not sure if I have here.  It has been a very difficult road, which is the reason that I haven't been able to comment on all of my favorite blogs for the last several months. Those of you who know have been SO supportive, and I appreciate it more than you know. I've received SO many personal notes that have really moved me, even some from Alzheimer's patients who read this blog. Unfortunately, my mother's disease progressed very quickly - only a year and a half from diagnosis to a nursing home - which is very, very rare.  So, it is has been such an emotional time, and blogging has had to take a back burner. I hope you haven't noticed up until this point, but for now, I'll be taking a short break. Thank you all again for your kind words and support!


The winner of the $100 at One King's Lane is jennifer from Comment #23 here. Congrats Jennifer and thank you all for entering! One King's Lane will contact you directly at the email address you provided me.

I'll be honest - I've never been a big fan of Scandinavian design. But recently I've been reading THIS blog that has sort of changed my mind, at least a little. I can say I really appreciate it, even if I am not about to run off and change my home to this style. What do you think - I'm really curious! I decided to make this post a 50 Favorites since I had exactly 50 images that I liked. Back to the regular random 50 Favorites next week....























































_________________________________________________________ 

*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE
a
_________________________________________________________




_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 


Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

miss b said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post as I've been admiring Scandiavian design for some time. I love the clean lines and the chairs are always so stylish! Great selection!

Carrie said...

Stacy--I will be thinking of you and your mom this weekend, holding you all in my prayers for comfort and peace. Checking out your other site now; my beautiful grandmother also had Alzheimer's. As for the Scandinavian design, I used to like it more than I do now; however, these are some great images that could persuade me to like it a bit more. XO

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Stacy, I'm so sorry that your mother's disease has progressed so quickly. We'll be here when you can come back. Thanks for posting the inspiration pics. Take care! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Merlin said...

Oh, dear, I feel for you. My Mom deteriorated in 8 mo to now almost uncontrollable. Started from a UTI and unbelieavable change. A tough road ahead, I fear. Do the best you can and that is all one can do. Look forward to your return. franki

Kathysue said...

Stacy you know my heart is with you. I know how hard this is for you and your family. Take care sweet girl, xoxo Kathysue

KL said...

We have recently lost my FIL to altzimers dementia.. It has been, as you are experiencing, a very emotionally charged and challenging six year experience. Focus on the positives, touch and voice are more important than ever... Xo kl

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I used to not be a fan of Scandinavian design either, but I love it now. I think it's like anything, it just has to be in the right space.

I'm so sorry about your mom and can't imagine how hard it is to accept something that has progressed so fast. I'll be thinking of you and your family this weekend!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...so sorry about your Mom...I'm struggling with the same thing with my own parents...I was just thinking this week about taking a break from the blog...its hard to wear so many hats at one time....Keep in touch...I will be praying for your energy and for your family...

Katherine said...

Stacy

Our blogs are welcome distractions from some of the hard to handle days, and you will wander back to the keyboard when your head is clear. For now you are spending your energy and attention where it needs to be.
Thinking of your Mother and you.

big hugs
Katherine

Karena said...

Dearest Stacy I had missed your comments and now I understand!

I am so sorry your family is going through this.
Your dear Mother, so beautiful! Keep with her, brush her hair, paint her nails, bring her a pretty flower. You are a special daughter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

carolyn bradford said...

Bless your heart, Stacy! I had no idea until today. I am so sorry you are having to go through this! I cannot imagine so I'm not going to pretend to but I often get scared of facing these things as I watch my friends face them. You always think it wont happen to you but it does. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, sending good thoughts your way.

painting to buy said...

impressive photos!