The Allure of Moroccan Design

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I recently had a client say that she really, really wanted one or more Moroccan poufs for her family room.  My first thought was "Oh, no, too trendy."  But then she told me that she wants one because her parents traveled to Morocco when she was a child and bought one there - 40 years ago.  So, while everyone from Jonathan Adler to Target is carrying them, I don't know whether to consider them a trend or not.  Usually, by the time they hit Target, you can assume they are, right?  But I guess like all things in fashion and design, what's old is new again . The more I study up on Moroccan design, the more I find I'm liking it - the quilts and blankets, quatrefoil and other patterns, and of course, poufs.  Here are some images of Moroccan influenced design that I've been studying (and loving):


































TIsh said...

stacy I'am flipping out over this post!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this style and all of these pics. reminds me a bit of my family room :) Maybe it's missing a pouf!! :)

Barbara@HausDesign said...

I love Moroccan design, but maybe that's not a surprise to you since I love ethnic. :) I visited Morocco in 2000 and I loved the blendic of exotic African design with the French influence...it is a magical combination. The windows that you featured are really amazing! I am not a fan of the pouff I do love the picture you showed of them a kids' room for sure! I am excited to see your mirror project - the picture you showed is gorgeous!

The enchanted home said...

Stunning Stact...you knocked this out of the park! I am not noramlly a huge fan of Moroccan decor however now you have me craving a dose of Moroccan infused decor......so many stunning and inspirational images, even the poofs look great!!
Fantastic post......

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for the intro to poofs!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Haus and Home said...

The poufs are so fun! While I don't own one, they look so versatile and comfy! I love all the colors they come in!

Nancy @ Dream it...Build it...Style it! said...

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and followed- it brought me to your blog and I have re-fallen in love with Moroccan style. I always loved it but it has slipped to the back of my mind. I'm looking for a style to dress up an old dresser and I think this is it!
Love it!
Nancy

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

Hello! Just thought you'd be interested- I linked to this post in my Coud de Coeur of the week post. Enjoy!

papasan chairs said...

hi there! I really enjoyed reading you blog. I love all the interior designs especially the second one. I fell in love with its elegance and sophistication. Thanks for sharing.:)

Kamini from Saffron Marigold said...

Every time I think I've had enough of Moroccan inspired design, I see something that gets me started all over again, and these lovely pics have done just that! For an ethnic aesthetic, it sure seems to blend well with all design styles...global, modern, traditional, shabby chic.....I love that deep pink pillow tossed on the bed. Actually I love them all....

perth home renovations said...

I love this Moroccan design. It's very refreshing to see new design aside from the contemporary designs that are commonly used today. I like the idea of putting plenty of pillows on the sofa and even on the floor. It looks like an interior use in many royal places like palace and mansions.

Debra Mennins said...

Those are really some exotic looks. Who knew that a few poufs and French-African looks can spice up a place. I think I'll go find home builders in my area that can help me renovate a den into something Moroccan.

Swathi said...

wow ! Marocco designs was Fantastic,1st and 4th Pics designs was awesome , i really like it...

Moroccan Decor said...

These are lovely