Family Room Progess / Paint Decision

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

 After all the advice from you guys, I was still a bit torn about whether to go white or stay with gray. And despite all of my talk about how my husband can't tell black from white, etc., he came home the night of the last post and this happened:
Him: "We're not painting white?"  
Me: "I don't know, why?" 
Him: "Because I want it to be white."
     Me: "Really? After 25 years and on the day I tell 
         my readers you don't care you decide to care?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "Ok then."
If he cared about every little thing in the house I may not have paid so much attention to this. But since he rarely says anything, he gets what he wants (< see, reward system in action). And honestly, I was relieved to have it decided. 
Here is how your comments broke down. Exactly 50-50 as usual! Then I'll show you the progress.

People who said gray (screenshots):


And those who liked white:


And where it stands today after the painters left. They have one more day and it should be done:






So that was pretty much the same image six times - sorry. 
I can't wait to see the black stripe over the tv. I will definitely be showing you and most likely asking whether you like it. I'm 50-50 (could be great, could be awful), so I'll be as surprised as you are.
And here is the room series I've been working on that I told you about recently (more here):
  
Coastal Furniture: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
Recliner in 9 fabrics and leathers - HERE
____________________________________________

Sources: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23
____________________________________________

  
Image 1 Sources:  1  2  3  4 5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12  13  14  15  16  17 18 19 20
Image 2 Sources: 1  /  2  /  3  /  4  /  5  /  6  /  7  /  8  /  9  /  10
____________________________________________


Image 1 Vases:  1  /  2 /  3  /  4  /  5   
Images 2: Top 20 Etsy Shop links at this blog post
___________________________________________

Thanks again for your input, and see you tomorrow with 50 Favorites
y
y
Image Map
Taylor Greenwalt said...

I like the white...its going to look great!

Leslie Sinclair said...

You made the right choice--It looks beautiful!!!--Leslie Sincalir

Unknown said...

Your white looks beautiful! What is the name of the color?

Painter and Decorator Edinburgh said...

By choosing white at least you can add many colours through fixtures and fittings as a lot of interior designers tend to do. Im just glad you have both decided and now its full steam ahead! I have been following your blog for a while now and I am very intrigued to see the finished article!

Hope all goes well and thanks for this great blog, Ross, Edinburgh - Scotland.

Anonymous said...

it is like a clean, fresh start...that is what I always think about with white!