A Design Trend I Love (DIY Confetti Dot Walls) & 50 Favorites for Friday: Eye-PoppingColorful Rooms

Thursday, July 23, 2015

I'm on a roll with the mobile stuff. Yesterday, I made the site mobile friendly (finally) and today I figured out the "Pin It" button for mobile. Honestly, it wasn't that hard, but I hadn't had a chance to look into it until now. So, what's cool about it is IF you are reading on mobile you'll see this Pin It button right under the orange subscription links:


However, if you are reading on desktop, you won't see it and can still use the image hover like always. Isn't that cool?

(PS - the hover button was down on Pinterest's end yesterday, and many of you told me (THNAK YOU), but I believe it is resolved now).

_____________________________________________

Happy Friday everyone! Have you guys seen this do-it-yourself confetti dot trend on Pinterest lately? I can't really imagine it anywhere except a child's bedroom, but I love it there, and the possibilities for variations are endless:


This is my favorite one:


But I really love this idea, too. I've seen some tutorials where people drop the dots with magic marker, rather than using stickers like in the images above. I think this one below is probably wallpaper, but like I said I have seen it done in sharpie. Wouldn't it be cute to do it in a gold metallic paint pan on a navy blue wall?


Actually I am starting to rethink my initial feeling that this would only be for kids rooms. I'm picturing the navy blue and gold and a dining room now. Hmmm.....



___________________________________________


And finally, here are 50 very colorful rooms I've been loving. Most of them are older, but I keep going back to them:




















































And to continue with the brights....




Katherine said...

Wow - great colour. Lots of inspiration if you are fearful of going bold with a new shade.

Karena said...

Stacy you have made my day with these artful, color filled rooms!!
Have a great weekend!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Ceramic Artist Leah Bowring

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love all the colorful rooms and those dots!

Segreto Secrets said...

That color tour gives a jolt better that coffee!! All so happy, especially the dots!! Love the idea of metallic dots!! xo Leslie