50 Favorites for Friday #175

Friday, July 17, 2015

Hi everyone! I know I haven't written a real post in a long time, and I miss you guys. I really had every intention of making this summer be less busy than the school year and previous summers, but am failing spectacularly that. Here is what is going on: Bobby is doing the football coaches workout program every morning. It is only for an hour but that almost makes the driving worse because I barely have time to do one errand between drop off and pick up. He is otherwise roaming around the beaches with his friends and having a blast. Friends end up at our house a lot, which I love more than anything. They are such great kids and hilariously funny – any of you with boys will know what I mean about how entertaining it is to watch the teenagers interact.  But they eat a LOT and I seem to spend my life in the food store or driving them around.

And Ellie is doing the most adorable sewing camp this week. It is her only camp and she is really enjoying it. Of course on Monday night, the night before it started, I got a text from a friend saying "do you want to carpool to camp tomorrow?" I had no idea what she was talking about because I thought camp was next week. More importantly, it was 9 o'clock at night and I hadn't bought the supplies (fabrics, liner, thread, etc., to make a purse in camp).  Thank God my best friend is a sewer. She picked out the cutest flip-flop fabric out of her stash and left it on her doorstep. It's just the worst when you let your kids down, but usually through the friends network we can figure something out :)


She is also in a book club, and made these for the last meeting. The book was about a tiger, and these are her cookies and question wheel for the club. Aren't they the cutest? I wish I could just freeze her right this instant.


Next, Coco went to her first grooming session this morning, and we messed that up, too. I made an appointment for 8 am, and asked my husband to drop her off on his way to work, which he did. But he called me at about 9 and said, "It was weird. The lady had no record of Coco and no idea that she was coming in today." So, basically, he brought her to the wrong place and we blew off the existing appointment. That's kind of the way the summer has been going for us – no major problems thank God, but lots of little errors it seems. 

Anyway, doesn't Coco look just adorable? It's too sad to write about so I won't tell you about how scared she was being dropped off. It breaks my heart. But she sure was super happy to be picked up. I didn't get a good photo, but here is one of her yesterday:


In house news, my super modern turquoise velvet sofa with acrylic feet shipped yesterday! I should be able to show it to you within a couple of weeks, although the room will be nowhere near done at that point. I'm having a lot of trouble getting an electrician to hang the ginormous chandelier. If you recall, it is 52 inches wide, 54 inches tall, and holds 41 lights. It is kind of like a gigantic foyer chandelier or one you might see in a small hotel lobby. That and the sofa are definitely the main two pieces of the room. The rest is just painting and doing little tables and accessories. Oh – and of course curtains which I haven't ordered yet. Those will be easy though. If I can just get this light hung. It's too big a job for most of the independent electricians in my town it seems, so I'm going to start searching closer to Boston. Anyway, I really hope to have that to show you in the room soon. Here is the stock photo of the sofa from the website (Modshop) shown with the worst pillows ever:


And this is the light I am trying to get hung:


Ok, so here are your 50 favorites. I hope you all have a great weekend.



















































There are a few sales I thought you might like, too. I so wish I had a use for that table....what a steal: