Home Goods Score! (Druzy Quartz, Geodes)

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Have you all seen this craze? 


Anthropologie (the one store I am totally and hopelessly obsessed with lately) has them here, and One Kings has them here.  And so many others are selling these rock crystals (aka Geodes or Druzy Quartz) pieces, too.  I love them, especially the ones with the gold edges. I love them so much that I made a special trip to Home Goods today to look for them, and sure enough,  I found these:


I don't even know what I am going to use them for, but I love them. Aren't they pretty?

And here are several similar pieces that I found online last night while I was wasting time as my husband watched a show that I can't get into (the drama called "Rome" - not for me):

Via 





                                                                               Via

And these geodes:


These are really very affordable and I just love them:




                                                                           Via 


 One thing I've learned in my business is that knowing the names for things matters SO much. It took me a while to find out what these are called, but once I found "Druzy quartz" it was easy. A google search brings up all of these results, most of which were from Etsy sellers.

What do you guys think - do you love these as much as I do?

PS: So Home Goods, I could really use a designated parking space at your Norwell, MA store  please ;)

_____________________________________________________


#totallyobsessed


 


Subscribe by Email HERE 

Post a Comment (even from EMAIL) by Clicking HERE 


.
Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love those too. I see them all over blogland and the ones with the gold edges are especially pretty.

Scat said...

Stacy,
Yes, I love them too. I mean now I do. You made them,cool! Ha I wonder what you will end up doing with them.
The rings are really pretty.
Christine

Sandra Lee said...

Guess I haven't been hanging out at the right places in blogland, I haven't seen these. They are very pretty.

Katherine said...

They would look nice sitting in a mini easel. Maybe a little lucite one.
I'm pretty sure the stones have meanings if you google that.

Lissy Parker said...

These are really beautiful! How about coasters or trivets—but then you wouldn't see them. Just place them on table and let your guest enjoy.
xo

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Love the Elizabeth Stone site! Thanks!!

The enchanted home said...

Can't believe you found them at Homegoods!! I am looking for some for a friends bday who wants them...I never would have thought to look there. They are huge right....very pretty!

Harkness Interiors said...

Awesome score! These are also called "agate slices" - you will find more of the flat style stone like the ones from Home Goods with that search.
I frame mine in a simple white frame and they look super expensive :) It's an easy DIY with lots of bang for the buck. Check out my blog to see the ones I did.
Love your blog!!!!

Merlin said...

Are you certain we aren't related...I have "druzy" jewelry from 3 years ago and an agate wind-chime from at least 10 years ago (Yellowstone Park) and geodes in the bookcase from the Smithsonian and...Aren't they so cool!!! franki

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love these and you are so right, they are everywhere!

I laughed out loud at your request for a private parking space...maybe that would be a great promotion for them! Shopper/blogger of the month.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Yes, I have seen those! I found purple ones on clearance at Target about a month ago. Sadly, purple does not go in my house. They didn't have the gold edge, but it would have been so easy to paint it on. Well, I say so easy but my crafting always ends in four letter words. Maybe it was best they were purple.

CM Design Gallery said...

They are gorgeous!!! Now I'm going to have to go out a find some. Have you decided what you plan to do with them. Someone mentioned coasters. Could they be used as that?

Thanks for your sharing your great finds and stories.

Karena said...

Love them. I do have some gorgeous jewelry from drusy quartz that Beth Cosner made for me. I would love some bookends!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

I think these would be perfect as coasters!! So pretty!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Stacy CUrran said...

Lissy - you totally could use them as coasters. They are a little big, maybe 7-8", so it might not be obvious to people, though. I think they look great just sitting on a table :)
Stacy

Stacy CUrran said...

Lissy - you totally could use them as coasters. They are a little big, maybe 7-8", so it might not be obvious to people, though. I think they look great just sitting on a table :)
Stacy