Well, This Is Embarrassing

Monday, September 23, 2013

This is my dining room right now. Loaded with stuff I've accumulated and am now selling on Craig's List. I think my husband is a bit horrified, as I had a lot of it tucked away where he couldn't see it.  Occupational hazard I call it. Totally embarrassing!





And this is my son's room. I'm hoping making this public might shame him into cleaning it. I can keep dreaming, right? At least you can see that decorators' homes are no different from yours most days.


And this is my guest room. Guess what? I'm changing it!! If you read this blog often, you're probably not shocked by that revelation :)

Work in progress

Here it was a few weeks ago:


When my mom moved to the nursing home recently, she needed a bed. I knew the one I had was very much her style (traditional), so we moved it there and I got a new bed. This one:


I love the color and the detailing on the fabric (tone on tone circles), and the nail heads.  I got the bedding and pillows at Home Goods (a.k.a. Home Gods) yesterday.

But my favorite item from HG is the dresser that I am using as a side table:


It was an amazing price and I love it.

An electrician is coming Thursday to install a chandelier that has been sitting in a box in my closet for three years (I know, I know. Crazy). 

I am either going to paint very light gray (Ben Moore Classic Gray maybe?) or a very light beige (probably Revere Pewter). Any thoughts?

The rug is ordered from OKL:

I will add black lamps and a foot of the bed bench (or two small ones).
Also, probably three small round mirrors over the bed:


Please ignore the green paint - it wrecks the whole room, but I'm trusting that you can see past it and envision the room all gray and black and white! I'll also change the super traditional end table - love it, but it doesn't really go with the room anymore. Oh, and I'll iron that duvet cover (sure I will). 

Then I just have to figure out the huge wall to the right. Maybe a black and white canvas collage of places we have lived and travelled to...

So how's that for a random, disjointed post!?

Happy Monday everyone!

________________________________________________________




 You won't regret it :)

And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
 

               

     

               
 



a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

If I lived closer I would take so much of the things you're selling off your hands. Then, my husband would be horrified! I'm so jealous you can find nice pieces of furniture like that at your HG. Mine is SO picked over. Your son's room is so typical! I have that times three, but I can one up you with crayon marked walls and broken blinds. And, why is there furniture always out of place?!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Stacy-
Love it!! Can't wait to see the bedroom, and I love the bed and dresser!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Linen Towel Giveaway!

Merlin said...

CAN NOT WAIT to see what you do to the (already gorgeous) guestroom!!!I have a mirrored dresser in the "twin bed" room...LUV IT! franki

The enchanted home said...

Even your "chaos" your home is still gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the after even though most people would be thrilled to have your "before".

Alan said...

Love all these rooms even though they are "messy"! The messiness actually makes it more creative and unique

Robyn said...

The room looks gorgeous, Stacy. That mirrored dresser is fantastic.
Good luck with your sales on Craigslist!

Happy Monday.

xoxo

Karena said...

Ha, Stacy I know I would love the pale aqua? bench for the foot of my bed, even though I can't see it all!

xoxo
Karena
Tom Scheerer Book Giveaway!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

It looks great! I cannot wait to see the finished room!

I hope that your mom is doing ok?

Take care, Elizabeth

Tricia | 724SouthHouse said...

I love that you're so honest about your house right now! I feel like my house is like that all the time! Also, I would kill for some of those chairs you're putting on Craigslist! I'm looking for 2 for the end of my farmhouse table. Great finds (and great guest room!)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy..I cant wait to see what your going to do to your bedroom...good luck on Craigs list..hope you sell it all!