50 Favorites for Friday #93

Friday, September 6, 2013

  Here is my week-end wrap up of my 50 favorite images that crossed my tiny desk this week - enjoy!

(For those of you who asked, moving my Mom to the nursing home was harder than I thought it would be, but she is doing ok. I'm sure it will get better with time. Thanks you all SO much for your kind words and support - I can't tell you how much it means to me and how much it helped!)

























































_________________________________________________________ 

*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE
a
_________________________________________________________




_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 


Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

We moved my dad into a nursing home 6 months ago. I remember knowing it was the right time, but when reality hit, there was so much doubting and not trusting the staff, etc. But here we are 6 months later, and it's been the best decision we could've made. He is actually doing better in the sense that he's more alert and some of his personality has come back. Don't get me wrong, the Alzheimer's is still progressing, but it has been a good move for him. I hope you have the same experience we've had. Best wishes!

Angela said...

Thank you for taking the time to share beautiful things in the midst of your difficult time. Sending love through the blogging world.

Cynthia said...

These pictures are truly amazing, so beautiful. I am thinking of you during this difficult time. I noticed you have my blog on your sidebar. I was so excited. I think you the first to put it there. Thank you so, you have been with from the beginning!!

Cynthia

Carrie said...

A few times I thought "this is my favorite" and then I'd scroll a little farther and find a new favorite. Fantastic collection of images again this week, Stacy!!

The enchanted home said...

Whoa some serious eye candy going on here, you never disappoint!

Sorry to hear about your mom, it is so difficult BUT I bet as soon as she starts regaling you with her tales of new friends, and all kinds of fun activities..you will feel sure you made the right decision. A hard stage to get to though no doubt at all.

Sending you a hug Stacy!

Merlin said...

I'm with Carrie...each one is just.."the best"...maybe that blue bathroom...gees, I love black and brass... franki

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Beautiful images! I was excited to see the dining room with French bistro chairs and blue transferware since that's the look I have these days. It's such a departure from how I usually decorate that it feels so weird to me, so it's nice to see something similar. I keep eyeing my new breakfast chairs warily as I pass by them, lol.

It is so difficult for most people to transfer into memory care, but I am always surprised at how fast they adapt and make new friends. Even if the patients don't remember when I see them laughing with friends, it makes me feel so good to see them happy again.

Lee said...

I am so sorry about your mother, I hadn't realised that she was needing care. I went through very similar with my mother, last year, unfortunately she had cancer and I had hoped to care for her in my house till the end but a couple of weeks before she passed away I couldn't cope any more and she went into hopsice. They were wonderful and although I felt a little like I had let her down she understood that there comes a time when care has to be handed over to those who understand and have the nursing experience that's required.

I am sure your mother will settle in and you will not have to worry about her as she will be in good care. You can go and be her daughter and enjoy the time you spend with her. Being a daughter and a caregiver is not easy.

Rest assured you have made the right decision. I stressed over mum for a long time, my health is still affected, I should have made the decision a lot earlier so that I could have enjoyed the time visiting my mother and spending quality time when she was not so sick instead of running around being a caregiver.

Thinking about you.

Lee

Sierra@gutterguard said...

All images are magnificent. It’s very regretful to hear about your mom. But, don't worry by the time everything will be alright.