DIY MADNESS: Three Project Reveals

Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's been Do It Yourself time around here the last couple of days, and I got a lot done that I've been meaning to do.  Here's a summary:

1. I painted some doors black. The flash photos make the floors look even more orange than they are -- they're bad, but not this bad!

south shore decorating, decorating, interior decorating, interior design, design, interiors, best interior decorators, best interior designers, interior design ma, interior decorating ma, best design blogs, best interior design blogs, top decorating blogs, Stacy curran, living Rooms, dining rooms, family rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, childrens rooms, girls room, boys rooms, finished basements, room photos, bathrooms, master bedroom, black and white room, blue room, green rooms, white rooms, galley wall, room photos, room images, interior design photos, interior design images, DIY, do it yourself, crafts


















2.

2.  Added black grosgrain ribbon trim to the chairs:


    Before:


     After:













3. Added grass cloth wallpaper to the bookcases in my living room:






Thanks for reading!!



,Must See Daily Deals
 
Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy, I wish i had your energy! It all looks so good. I love the grass cloth. One of my favorite wall papers.

The enchanted home said...

WOW Stacy, you are AMAZING!!!!!! I am sooo impressed, these rooms are totally magazine worthy, watch out Martha! Chairs are gorgeous as is the grasscloth detail but those black doors have me in heaven.

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

Love it all Stacy! Great job!

Haus and Home said...

Looks great you have been a busy bee. The ribbon detail on the chairs looks great, I can imagine that was a take to get the lines to be straight. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Sunny said...

Your house looks great!! The chairs are amazing!! Thanks for sharing all the pics and updates. Do you have a hard time keeping the white clean with little people around?

Vickie H. said...

My first visit to your blog...and I gotta say: WOW!!! Love what you have done here. I think the interest of that ribbon on the back of the chairs is genius...it's all in the details, after all.
Black doors are WONDERFUL and you did such a great job on the back of the bookshelves. I am subscribing to you from here on out!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Everything looks amazing. I especially love the grasscloth on the bookcases and the ribbon on the chairs. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I love the black doors! They look perfect in your house Stacy! YOu have been a busy girl!! It all looks terrific.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love the black doors, Stacy! The space looks so elegant. The grosgrain ribbon on the dining chairs is a great idea. The colour palette in your living room is serene and lovely. I love blue and green together.
Beautiful!
~ Wendi ~ xo

Carla@DesignintheWoods said...

I love your painted doors. So sleek and rich! These are all lovely touches that customize your home. Well done!

Interior Design Musings said...

OK, you have been busy. Those black doors totally finished the look! They are amazing. Making me want to do the same and the grass clothe, oh my! Talk about layering in some texture. I love it when small changes add so much to a finished space! M

Jenny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Jenny said...

Sorry - had to edit my horrific typo. I love what you've done here! The doors are bold, but so elegant! And the ribbon trim is such a nice, simple detail that really makes those chairs pop! And the wallpaper accent to the built-ins - perfection! As I stare at the bland, blank backdrop to my built-ins...

Patricia said...

You are amazing - such an inspiration....I don't know how you do so much ! You home is absolutely beautiful. I have been wanting to paint some of my interior doors black. I'm from England, where many interior doors in older homes are black. Any secrets you would share ? Did you sand them all before you painted, and did you use a flat black, or something with a bit of a shine ? Thanks so much, and by the way, I subscribe by email, and can't wait to see a new post in my email from you !

Ivy Clad said...

Kudos! These look fantastic. I especially love the grosgrain ribbon on the chairs. So sharp!

-Keri

pam {simple details} said...

SO inspiring! The ribbon detail on the chairs gives them such a custom look, wonderful idea! And, the grasscloth is perfect in your bookcases! Every room is gorgeous, love your attention to detail everywhere!

Coppi said...

Oh my gosh!! I found your website because you posted some of my childrens drawer knobs (GlamorousKidsDecor from Etsy) and I was instantly glued to the pictures of your home throughout the years. BEAUTIFUL!! I've always had a love for interior design but am so picky and your home is a dream. I have been contemplating what to do with our giant master bedroom colorwise and I want to do the exact same room as yours...blue/gray paint (I think that's what it looks like) with all silver, black and white decor and I love the zebra rug and chandelier. I showed my husband this morning and said this is our future master bedroom. Can't wait and hope you don't mind if I copy. I'm now addicted to your site and have visited it about 5 times in the last two days and can't get enough.

Kathysue said...

Stacy I am in love!!! I have wanted to paint my doors black in the hallway, but i am not brave enough, so now I can live vicariously through you!! Your home is stunning, I love everything you do. The bookcase has a wonderful new texture going on!! Great job, sweetie, xo Kathysue

Simple Dwellings said...

Wow, Stacy! The changes you made are gorgeous! I love that the details are what make a space! The doors painted black look beautiful. The ribbon added to the chairs made my jaw drop! They look amazing! And the grasscloth added to the bookshelves was a great touch! You had a very inspiring few days! :)

Jenspire said...

I am drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellie Collis said...

What a fabulous home! Love the chic and classy style to it. Enjoy the rest of the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

Amanda said...

oh my goodness girl! you have been busy and I love EVERY single bit of it. How clever the black trim on the chairs. And dont get me started on grass cloth- *sigh*. Fab!!! as always!

ka said...

LOVE!!!! Everything looked beautiful before, but with your latest updates = AMAZING!!!! I just love all of your ideas!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm digging those doors -- working on my own right now. :)

Georgica Pond said...

These are amazing transformations and what a HUGE difference each makes to the room. So inspired by your black doors. I wanted a black front door but it's not going to work because it's uncovered and faces west and I'm told not a good choice. So perhaps I can do the inside of the front door black instead? Your binding on the chairs is inspired. And that grasscloth in the bookcase takes is from nice to knockout. Well done.

Interior Door Designs said...

wow it is really fantastic.. thanks for sharing this great article to us....I love your painted doors. So sleek and rich! These are all lovely touches that customize your home. Well done!

perth home renovations said...

I am amazed by this elegant dining space. The concept is well planned out and well designed.

Johnpaul said...

Choosing the right door is now a fundamental part of the design of our living and working space You have postedwonderful images about morderninterior doorsinterior door designs

Danielle said...

I'm getting ready to put grasscloth in the back of my bookshelves too and when I Googled for suggestions, your site popped up. First of all, I love your dining room transformation - very inviting and elegant. The trim on the chairs in genius!

Now, do you have any tips for hanging the paper? Did you use paste? I had contemplated using a hot glue gun thinking it would be less permanent. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I'm so happy to be your newest follower. Looks like you have LOTS of inspirational pictures!

australian made furniture said...

This is very elegant! As I can tell the design is based on a British design.

furniture removal said...

The interior design was superb! A wonderful concept indeed, people do prefer this kind of living rather than the wealthy ones.

bedroom furniture said...

Those furniture's are really great! I wish I had those furniture so I can redecorate my living room into luxurious one like this.

Dynamic touch painting Orlando said...

Wow! I love all of the changes. I am usually the person who likes the before pictures the best- great look!