Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Project Reveal!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

annie sloan, annie sloan chalk paint, chalk paint, painted furniture

I finished this project yesterday using Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Graphite.  I did one coat of paint, Silver Rub n' Buff on the hardware and edges, and one coat of wax. Easy as can be!  Here is the before photo: 
annie sloan chalk paint, dresser, do it yourself, painted furniture, painting furniture


And another after photo -- I'm thrilled with it!  I wish I could show you more of the bedroom where it lives, but it's mid-renovation right now.



_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"The BEST Makeup Trick Everyone Should Know"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment
a
_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 

This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Kathysue said...

Stacy this looks amaaaaazing,Kathysue

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

It looks wonderful. I love the color and the silver trim is perfect. Hugs, Marty

Meg said...

Oh wow, what a difference! It looks FANTASTIC. I love the silver trimming as well. Great idea!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

It looks awesome. I love how the silver looks. Great job on it.

The Decorating Diva said...

I love this and I love Chalk Paint!

molly susan strong said...

This is fabulous! heck out my giveaway with Wonderfaux Studio...3 quarts of chalk paint!!!

Kacey said...

Beautiful! Love the Graphite on that piece. So chic!

Terry said...

So pretty. I love that graphite colour and would love to get my hands on some chalk paint. Nice job.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Nice job on that piece. Did you love the paint, color, ease of use etc...? I really love to hear others opinions on this paint. So many people either love it, or even some hate it. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Helen's Decor said...

Hi Stacy, I love the new look and especially love that you used one of my favorite paints, Rub 'n Buff. Looks terrific! Come visit my blog, please.
Helen of Helen's Decor

Sarah said...

Stacy, this looks terrific! I'm eager to try these paints. ~ Sarah

Scribbler said...

This looks divine -- please tell me how to get this paint!

Conspicuous Style Design Blog said...

Hi, you can get the paint through a few US vendors, although I know they are expanding rapidly. Go to www.anniesloan.com and click the link "How to order" to find the stockist in your state. Good luck! Let me know if you have trouble and I can send you more info....Stacy

Debra said...

That turned out beautiful. What a great color you chose.

Sherry said...

That turned out beautiful!
Sherry

Barbara@HausDesign said...

That looks amazing! I love the matte finish the chalkboard paint gave it...wish I could see better how the wax affected it - I'd love to try out that technique sometime soon. Beautiful job!

http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I love it. I may have to try the graphite!

Mimi said...

I just tried the chalk paint in Old White. I'm trying to decide if I like it or not. I'm so glad to see your Graphite paint, because I was thinking of using it on a Goodwill table for my son's new house.
Your dresser looks great! Love it!

the cape on the corner said...

wow, that rub n buff does good work! i love this "new" dresser!

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

I use rub n buff all the time. I have not tried the Annie Sloan's chalk paint as of yet. Your dresser looks as good as new now.

Dee
Your new follower

The Tablescaper said...

How neat. What a creative turn to a peice that needs a new lease on life!

Looking forward to having you join "Where do you keep it all? - Part 2"

- The Tablescaper

KAT said...

I really like that graphite color of the chalk paint I have a big 'ole unit to try to do but I'm so intimidated because it is so large.
KAT

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What a beautiful transformation! I would love if you would link up tomorrow at "It's a Party"!
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Just gorg!

Tammy said...

It looks great! I need to get some of that paint. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.

Debbie--http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

I love this color!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is beautiful! I have heard mixed reviews of this color, but yours is the first completed project I've seen. It's gorgeous.

c.w.frosting said...

What a beautiful update! I love the chalkboard finish!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

That looks gorgeous!!

Shannon said...

Beautiful job, very polished look. Is the graphite a true black or an off black color? I'd love to see the color in person!

Leanne said...

What a beautiful dresser. I love that paint. Thanks for linking to the Home Decor and Organizing Link Party.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Looks great!

abeachcottage said...

You did a great job with this dresser, it turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Thank you so much for linking up!

~Iffy~ said...

This is turned out great! I've been wanting to try this paint. Stopping by from the Lettered Cottage DIY party. I would love for you to come link up to my party too, going on all week!
And be sure to enter my giveaway too!
Thanks
~Iffy~

www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

Chalk paint...its everywhere! I guess I should look into it! Your drawers look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That came out so great. Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party!

Ashley said...

looks so great!!! i love it:)

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

It's beautiful! I love the contrast in the colors!

Caley said...

This is beautiful!! I'm so impressed! I especially love the white outlining on the drawers! I'm totally pinteresting this! Hope that's ok!

Rachael@LovelyCraftyHome said...

Gorgeous!! I can't wait to try chalk paint! I'm featuring you tomorrow, I hope you stop by and grab a button.

Christina said...

beautiful!! I've never used chalk paint...but I've heard (and seen) such great things!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

WonderFaux Studio said...

Graphite is one of my favorite colors next to the other 23 colors in the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint which I am loving teaching and retailing the paint. Please call the store at 281-242-4937 or info@wonderfauxstudio.com for a free hand- painted color chart. And mention to Ricky that you saw this comment to receive free shipping on 3 quarts or more.

Thanks to all the bloggers in blogland and who have supported AS Chalk Paint!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
You have been chosen to be featured in my Friday review! LOVE your link up!
Thanks for being a part!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

I have seen a lot of furniture re-finishes with AS chalk paint, but this is the first one I've seen using graphite... LOVE it! Using the silver rub n' buff on the hardware and edges was a really nice choice... well done.

{nifty thrifty things} said...

This looks beautiful!! Great job! Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Stacy,

It looks stunning... I love the rich graphite colour. Classic! What a beautiful statement piece for your bedroom.

All the Best,
Christine

Crystal said...

Looks beautiful, thanks for linking up.
Crystal
www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

Becolorful said...

This is a stunner for sure. It looks like an incredibly expensive piece of furniture from some European boutique type store. Nicely done!.
I really like the silver? white? edging around the drawers and such.
Thanks for linking this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
I will be featuring it on tonight's post.
Pam

At The Picket Fence said...

That is a gorgeous transformation Stacy and it can come visit my house anytime! :-) Thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Poppy said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used the silver rub"n" buff on the hardware!You have inspired me to try chalk paint...Well done!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love this one, too! love the touch of the rub n buff!

Barbara said...

Bravo! I had only seen examples of the chalk paint in creamy white or green tones, which created a shabby chic look. I am not a shabby chic person and your piece looks nothing shabby either. I have the perfect night stand to try this out on! Thank you!
Barbara@TheTreasuredHome.com

Jaipur Property said...

what a difference! It looks FANTASTIC. I love the silver trimming as well. Great idea........so Please log on our website for Jaipur Property

Miss B.e.e. said...

I knew I liked you! I had the same general idea for my little dresser redo and just picked up the paint today. Great minds think alike (wink, wink)!

Start a painting busines said...

Great!

Shirley S said...

OK...now I am convinced. Will definitely be painting my first bedroom set (40 years old) that now occupies one of the guest rooms. Looks great!!

Annie Sloan said...

Just found your piece on Pinterest, done in Graphite! Fabulous!

Teri said...

Did you use clear wax and then dark wax or just clear wax? It looks beautiful!!