Home Goods to the Rescue: My Foyer Mini-Makeover

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I wanted to show you this because it employs a very simple vignette strategy (ok, formula) that I use all the time.  In a nutshell, for tabletops, use one tall thing on the end (candles, vase, etc), books with something smaller on top in the middle, and a medium height object on the other end (two frames here). I think if you are using more than one frame, box, etc., like how I used two frames here, it is best to make them match.

And look who snuck into my photos! 


Everything shown here is from Home Goods, with the exception of the books used for stacking. Home Goods really should start selling decorating books. So many people are obsessed with them (including me), and they already sell planners and notebooks and things, so why not?


I had everything shown here except for the frames and chest, which I got today. I tried to zoom in a lot to show you the texture of the chest. It is almost like a stone finish, and it is super heavy. I really love it here. Oh, and I changed the knobs. Did you know Home Goods sells those, too? Such a nice upgrade for so little ($11.99 for 6 of them):


Oh man does that light fixture reflected in the mirror have to go. The worst thing is, it is already an upgrade from what the builder gave us. I can't believe I chose it. I think I just wanted to get something decent in there quickly. At least it was cheap.  Of to Overstock I go to hunt down lights....




Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful....and HomeGoods is truly a knight in shining armor...always to the rescue...and we love being rescued...

Merlin said...

You hit a Home Goods Run yet again!! franki

Cynthia said...

I love Home Goods. I could go every day. Love your photo bomber. How's the training going?

Cindy

Linda @ a design snack said...

Great finds! I love HomeGoods too.

Dog is adorable!

Karena said...

That is a very cool chest Stacy. I also love something tall in the middle surrounded by other decorative items of different heights ( or a symmetrical arrangement)

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Sandra Lee said...

Good tips here, I have a couple of areas in need of a mini makeover.