Recent Project for a Client - Before and Afters!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

This is is house I helped a client with - I went today to take some photos, and I am so happy with how it is coming out. These are "before and afters," but technically it is not quite done. There are still some curtains and accessories to do, but I couldn't wait that long to show you the transformation:

Looking from the family room to the kitchen. What a difference those dark wood floors make!


  Before:                                                                                     After:




The paint colors are Fairview Taupe (kitchen) and Revere Pewter (family room), both by Benjamin Moore.

From the other side - looking from the kitchen to the family room. There are beautiful new sconces over the fireplace but I photoshopped them out only because the unfinished paint around them was showing up too much in the after photo:


       Before:                                                                                  After:


And a similar view:

 Before:                                                                           After:

The family room from a few angles. This room needs a little more, including curtains, and may get a soft ottoman instead of a table, but I just love the furniture. You can see the new sconces in these:

      Before:                                                                                Afters:


The living room - another work in progress. I'm the most excited about getting a chandelier over that table:

  Before:                                                                                      After:








The dining room. Unfortunately, I can't take much credit for this. The client has great taste and did this herself around the rug that I found for her.  The chairs are a beautiful blue in real life, but were hard to capture on this snowy day. And there are curtains with a blue pattern coming to tone town the walls a bit and to tie into the rug and chairs:

  Before:                                                                                            After:

The master bedroom. The client did a lot in here, too. I love the Crate & Barrel bed - it's so beautiful in person:

          Before:                                                                           After:


And here are the "after" photos on their own:










And the creme de la creme -- a local artist (Renee MacMurray) did murals of the closet doors in the kids' rooms.  These first two are close ups of the daughter's Paris mural:




And the son's closet door mural done by a local artist. Isn't it amazing? I hope you can see the level of detail:

This was a really, really fun and rewarding project for me. The client, who reads this blog, knows how much I adore her and am so happy she called me for this project :)

PS -- you guys are observant! To answer your questions, YES, the island was painted black, but the granite was not changed.  Secondly, the sofa is facing the side wall because the tv is there. In the back corner to the right of the fireplace there will be some sort of reading area.  Thanks for your thoughtful questions!

PPS - Here is the link to the chairs some of you emailed me about:



Thanks for reading!!


Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment _________________________________________________________



This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Cluny Grey said...

What changes! Really lovely, Stacy! I can't wait to see the chandelier that you choose for the living room.
Donna Cluny

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

Gorgeous! Love the dark floors, and that sectional is amazing! Nice work :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful!! So much to love about all of the rooms. So classic and elegant, yet welcoming and homey. Loving the rug in the living room too. And the hardwoods have me drooling. On my to do list for 2012!!

Ivy Clad said...

You did such a fabulous job with the color palette! Very serene!

And those murals: Swoon! They're gorgeous!! What a fantastic idea! I'm sure the kids are the envy of their friends.

Keri

mishebe said...

It all looks awesome. The only thing i might suggest is in the family room it needs a mirror above the fireplace instead of the picture. I think it would open it up more. The rugs, chairs are fabulous!

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

I love a good before and after! These are great! Where do I begin? That table in the living room is stunning, love the rugs throughout, and the colors are beautiful! Nice job!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Lovely transformation, Stacy! I love the light fixtures in the kitchen. I can't tell from the pics...did you change the colour of the kitchen island?

chichomeantiquesblog said...

Beautiful Stacy, I do love the dark wood floors. Love the before and after.

mwaxter said...

I am really impressed, what a change in the kitchen! And love that interesting blue sofa in the living room. A great before and after!

Linda Burt Independent Willow House Design Consultant said...

Awesome Stacy,

Looks like you may have change the color of the island bar? Makes it more dramtic! Also I am curisious, the sofa is no angled more towards the fireplace, is the view out the window more impressive? Will you be adding any greenery to the living room?
As always I LOVE your style! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Stacy, what an absolutely marvelous job you did on your client's home. I love everything about it. The floors turned out great!..I used to have dark wood floors, but opted out of them when building our new house due to having to vacuum more often as they show the "dust" more. However, I regret that decision and wish I had done the dark floors again. So much prettier!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh wow!! You are so talented my friend! You helped them create an absolutely stunning home full of gorgeous details. Well done! :-)
Vanessa

Coppi said...

Stacy you continue to inspire me every day. I'm in awe of your work, your blog, your home, everything. And on top of it, you are so sweet. I can't wait to start my own interior design business and have so many ideas swirling through my head and you have opened my eyes to so many design styles. Thank you thank you!! Keep up the amazing work. Love it. Love getting your blog emails every day.

michelle said...

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous home! You did an amazing job with the space and I love that couch. Beautiful calm colors and those closet doors are incredible!
xoxo

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

What a gorgeous transformation. I love the dark floors - they make everything else pop! And I really love the pendant over the dining room table, as well as that fab occasional table with the vase of flowers - such great lines and shapes!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Oh boy! Your client must be thrilled! The carpets are my favorites, believe it or not! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the transformation!!! What is the grey paint color on the kitchen and family room?

Calypso In The Country said...

Wow - you did an incredible job! What a transformation. I love so many things...like that rug in the dining room! Thanks for stopping by to comment on my quick little wall art! Have a great week!
-Shelley

Interior Design Musings said...

Stacy,
Love Love this post! First, I think so many people underestimate the importance of the first layer (the floors)! I am bookmarking this post as proof when next I make the suggestion to darker them. People tend to think it will not make that big of a difference and this proves otherwise. Secondly, you picked such great furnishings, love the sofa and the new fixture over the dining room table works so much better with the island pendants! Great job, friend! M.

Simple Dwellings said...

Wow- amazing! The dark wood floors makes a dramatic difference! It is coming together beautifully! Great job. :)

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Looks fantastic Stacy! I love the living room and hope you will post more views~esp after the light goes in over the table. The kitchen and eating area look great too, with those dark floors~so fab, leading into the family room. Nicely done!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

This is an amazing before and after! I love the style... the window treatments on the side of the bed are just perfect! Makes the window look so much bigger!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Stacy, It is looking amazing! You are doing a wonderful job.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

WOW~ stunning makeover, every room is just gorgeous, they must be thrilled! Love the curved couch, so pretty!
XO
Kristin

Joy Page Manuel said...

Great photos! I'm in love with those dining chairs by the kitchen (the ones with prints, cream and gray).....so lovely!

Brooke {Bassett Furniture} said...

Wow it's beautiful! I love the design and colors. I want the zebra rug I saw in the bedroom lol. It was just too cool! You did such a great job!

Marie Kurmin said...

Stacy,
You did a beautiful job on this home! Your choice in lighting rugs and furniture are exquisite!

Designs By Pinky said...

I LOOOOOVE the dark floors!!!! We have dark hardwood floors throughout our home BUT when I changed the flooring in the kitchen I did a light oak because the cabinets are light oak. Which I am SO tired of. Now I want to paint the cabinets and stain the floor!!!!!!!!! LOVE that sectional, can you e-mail me and tell me where you got it. Love the rug in the family room too, oh heck I love it all! XO, Pinky

"Ich bin ein Berliner" said...

Beautiful work!
How much does the wood floor staining cost per sf? I have similar redish woodfloor, but love the darker Walnut look.
Thanks,
gritt

Carol@HouseandHomeDefined.com said...

Gorgeous. The floors came out beautiful. And the rug in the living room is killer. I'm dying to see the window treatments!

Jae said...

I absolutely ADORE the kitchen! I love the colors and the contrast is just gorgeous. I also really like the circular couch in the living room. Floors are gorgeous too!

Splenderosa said...

I am in LOVE with those painted closet doors! Just smashing. And the transformation you've done in the rest of the house is nothing short of fabulous. I'm following, and SO happy to meet you!! Marsha

Haus and Home said...

Great work, I love the Ikat dining room chairs and how the Marakesh theme is throughout with the pillows and rug!

cerniks said...

Gorgeous! Love your choice of fabrics!

Hamptontoes said...

Your client must be thrilled with your work! Looking lovely! I love the color of the sofa! The sports closet door is FABULOUS! Seriously, the boy who lives in that room must be so excited.

designchic said...

What an amazing transformation, Stacy. I am completely obsessed with the gray rug...gorgeous!!

Amanda said...

girl its gorgeous!! What a transformation and Im sure they are beyond thrilled with it as well. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Looks incredible! Could you post the paint colors you used for the project - especially the kitchen and family room.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, wow! You have done such a fantastic job! I'm in love with her couch! Thank you for sharing. Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Splendid Sass said...

Stacy-
The house looks fabulous! I know that you are so excited about your store. So happy for you.
Love your selection of rugs.
Happy Sunday.
Teresa
xoxo

Unknown said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will locate that extremely useful
Curtain