Another Dining Room Update: My Jonathan Adler Rug

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I ordered this rug about 5 months ago, and it finally came.  I couldn't love it more.  It's a pretty thick weave (thicker than I expected, maybe 1/4") and is reversible.  The floors are being refinished in a few weeks (deep chocolate brown), so we didn't bother to move the table to lay the rug yet.  It definitively makes the curtains look too white, so I'll change those (thankfully the ones up now are my $17 Target ones).  Also, the chairs are getting slipcovers at some point so they are not so white.  Anyway, here is the long awaited rug.  The photos are from my iPhone, so they are not great, but you get the idea:






























And a daytime shot:


























Close up:



The reverse side:


I'll show it again when it's all together once the floors are done, but thought I'd share my rug excitement in the meantime.
Thanks for reading!!


_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"The BEST Makeup Trick Everyone Should Know"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment _________________________________________________________

This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

The rug is great! A strong graphic pattern that works well with the decor of your room. From which site was it ordered?

MaryBeth said...

Really, five months, ugh, I hate waiting so long for things! It is great, can you tell me how big it is?

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Gorgeous rug!

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

It's fabulous, Stacy! Enjoy :)

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Simply gorgeous! So worth the wait!

Anna@MyDesignEthos said...

Love that rug and the love the fact it is reversible even more! Your dining room update is looking gorgeous and dramatic :)

Jenny said...

AWESOME! I need rugs soooooo desperately, but I just can''t find anything that speaks to me (and doesn't break the bank). You're a patient woman - five months is a long time to wait! Can't wait to see it all come together!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

yes that rug says Stacy with a capital S!!! I love it in the room!

Barbara said...

Can't wait to see the room when it's done! Hard to imagine it looking even more fabulous than it does now! Absolutely LOVE your new rug!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

That rugs looks fabulous in your room!..A real slam dunk!!

Carol@HouseandHomeDefined.com said...

Omg I love that rug! It's total classic with a twist. Yum. Would have never thought from your pictures that the panels are $17 from Target!!

Kathysue said...

Omgosh I love love this rug, you just purchased a beautiful classic piece to add to your already beautiful dining room, Love it, Kathysue

Amanda said...

umm hello gorgeous rug!! and reversible even better!

Adi Edlen said...

LOVE! The rug looks perfect with your chandelier!

I'm so impressed that the drapes are from Target too - they look great!

The enchanted home said...

Stacy...looks AMAZING!!!!!! Love it, its the perfect compliment to your already beautiful dining room..you have a great eye. Also did you change your monogrammed lampshades? I love those too! Don't tell me you did these too! DO TELL!!

Haus and Home said...

Looks great!!! That is neat that it is reversible!!! Love!

Linda Burt Independent Willow House Design Consultant said...

Thanks for sharing your dining room which is stunning! Did you use it lots during the holidays? The floors will be a huge undertaking, even though you aren't doing them yourself! Have you ever had floors redone? Thanks for sharing as always I enjoy your style!

Tammy@InStitches said...

I can see why you are so excited, the rug is beautiful !

Ideezine said...

Great addition to the room and reversible for the seasons too. Looks great in day and evening shots.

Lisa Moon said...

Love the rug - great find!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Worth the wait! It is the perfect compliment to your fabulous dining room. Now when are you inviting us all over for dinner???
:P

designchic said...

It's fabulous Stacy and such a wonderful statement maker!!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

It is ALL that and more! Love it!

Rachel said...

Love the rug.

marble top dining table said...

Gorgeous! Love it!