Instagram and LikeToKnow.It -- Do You Know It Yet?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016


Do you guys know what LikeToKnow.It is? It's a platform for finding out where items in Instagram photos are from, and shopping them if you want. So, here is how it works:

1. People post to Instagram
2. You "Like" the photo (double tap)
3. You then get an email with product links

It's really kind of cool actually, and I have used it to source things quite frequently. You can set it to only one email a day, too, which would then include all the ones you "Liked" that day.

So, for example, here is my Instagram:


Say you wanted to know where the table in the first image is from, or wanted info about anything else in the photo?

You would "Like" the image on Instagram (by double-tapping it, which you probably already do anyway). Here is how an image looks when you double tap or click the heart - the heart turns red:


Then, and this is the cool part, you would get an email with all the product links(That's it. You like the photo, and you get an email with sources....so cool!)

The email looks like this, and the 16 products under the room image would be clickable directly to the specific products (here, the peacock, the flower print, the tray, etc.):

Pretty cool, huh?

If you try it you'll understand better. It's not complicated, but it's kind of hard to explain, so go to my Instagram to try it.

Or, if you don't love Instagram, you can do it without ever going on Instagram.  I think that's the real genius of this platform.

Here's how. 

You can visit the South Shore Decorating (or any other) page of the platform to see the posts and sources. See LikeToKnow.It/SouthShoreDecorating for that option.

Here are a couple more of mine that I did today:

   

Again, at the LTK homepage or in the email you'd receive after liking the image, those products would be clickable.

Ok, the only catch is you have to sign up (of course, since they are sending you links by email).  Go to LikeToKnow.It to sign up - they just need what email address to send your links to.

This platform has been around for a couple of years (mostly for fashion), but I never got that into it. Well, yesterday the platform announced Like to Know It HOME, and that piqued my interest, ya know? So I'm planning to use it more.

My last thought is that if you do like Instagram (or are going to start), hashtags are key to finding things. Here are the ones I try to include in all my posts:

#SouthShoreDecorating
#itsinthedetails
#howtodecorate
#decorateforless
#LTKHome

The enchanted home said...

Great post...your blog is looking great btw!
I still find liketoknow it confusion...when you say double tap I tried but nothing happened...I am clueless just when I think I am "all that" now that I get Instagram I am thrown another form of social media I don't get...mayday! Hope alls well!

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of liketoknowit before - thanks so much for the info!!