The Case for Neutrals in Decorating

Sunday, June 5, 2016

I know that I am affected by the seasons, and prefer to decorate my home with more color in the summer and less in the winter. But there really is something very appealing to me about clean, fresh, white rooms in the summer, too. A white palette looks so good with wood and other natural elements, like in this first bathroom. Here are 30 of my favorite neutral rooms:


































I do like a pop of color in a neutral room, especially in the form of original art like these favorites from Etsy:



Anonymous said...

Totally agree - and that tub in the first photo is amazing, I've never seen anything like it!

Calypso In The Country said...

I love the look of neutrals but then I crave some color too. I think I need a few houses to decorate... Love the tub too!
Shelley