50 Favorites for Friday #227

Thursday, May 12, 2016

You guys know I've been working on my office, right? So I told you last week that I was going to Mod Podge some paper to my desk. The paper arrived today, and I started it. I had bought two sample papers - here they are:

1. Close together dots:


2. Further apart dots:




The second was the clear winner to me, my husband, and both kids (yay!)

So I went to work. Without reading any tutorials. Sigh. When will I learn? The paper was waaaay too thin and it wrinkled like crazy, air bubbles everywhere. So I ripped it off before it dried and had to toss it. It wasn't a big deal financially because it was very inexpensive. And arguable the tutorials wouldn't have helped anyway, but I might have learned to buy better paper if I had read them beforehand. )Strangely, I think really really thin paper like tissue paper works well, as does thicker paper, like scrapbook paper).

So, I decided because this is an important enough project to me, I was going to read tutorials. After a while doing that, I learned that really the best thing for me is to use sticky-back fabric-paper (I have no idea what that means, but it wasn't dirt cheap, so I'm confident it is going to be better).

So I'll have round 2 in a few weeks It takes that long to get the product, unfortunately. I can't wait. I really love the pattern:.


But for now, 50 Favorites:




















































And the new arrivals at my first true love Anthro....
As always, click to view:

                                        

Anonymous said...

Agreed on the pattern choice Stacy - I'm sure that the desk will be beautiful! Thanks too for all the gorgeous images

Merlin said...

Live and learn...the hard way :( franki p.s. Fifty FAB PHOTOS!!!

Katherine said...

The large dots are perfect.

Debra said...

I am living the thin paper problem right now. I just left the project for a break. My project is smaller so it will work but you are right, thicker paper is better or material. Have a great weekend.

Joanne B. said...

Just found your blog and love it so far! Anxious to see your decoupaged desk! But did you think about finding that black and white "Dalmation" print in a wallpaper and using that to decoupage it onto the desk? It would be heavier for sure and would hold up to the moisture in the decoupage medium as it is meant to be pasted on the wall! Just an idea...