50 Favorites for Friday #220 - Light & Bright Transitional Rooms

Friday, September 4, 2015

What a week! Back to school was really hard. I miss my babies. Ellie is loving fifth grade, but Bobby, a new high school student, is struggling to get used to the 6:30 am pickup time and the 3-4 hours of football each day. I keep telling him it is worth it, but I'm sensing he doesn't believe me.  I remember that age being really hard, so I am struggling with him. You all know how impossible it is to be happy when you're child is not completely happy.  Don't get me wrong - he is fine and will be fine. It's just a hard time for him so it's on my mind.

I know summer officially doesn't end until September 21, but really, after this weekend, it's over, right? As always, it went by way too fast. We have a ton of parties and things over the weekend, so I'm really looking forward to it. And I love fall, but do wish I had done more relaxing this summer. I can't quite say I'm rested and ready for a new school year. How about you all? I hope you enjoyed your summers. I appreciate every comment and email that my readers take the time to write, so please keep them coming.

Here are the 50 Favorites for the week:




















































I probably won't write this weekend, so here are my favorite Labor Day sales - all OKL:







Karena said...

The best of the best Stacy. I know that transitioning the kids back to school is always a challenge! In another month you will wonder how fall arrived so quickly!!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Segreto Secrets said...

Thank you for the light and bright rooms!! Light and bright is the order of the day!! Enjoy your holiday weekend. xo Leslie

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Beautiful pictures! I love light and bright rooms. One of them is even from my little hometown. My oldest son is playing junior high football this year and it's exciting, but hard on all of us this year, too. I'm hoping it will get better, but it will probably be over in a blink of an eye. Have a great holiday weekend!

Katherine said...

Great images. Maybe the light and bright is what we all need to hang on to the last bit of summer.

I cannot believe that your son has 3 -4 hours of football DAILY, and school work. The poor guy must be exhausted, not to mention eating you out of house and home trying to fuel his body.